SIGforum
Another Victorian pocket pistol

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9410065205

August 06, 2023, 11:08 PM
stylophiles
Another Victorian pocket pistol
Richard W Hollis this time. Looks about .50 caliber.

A slightly larger UK take on the Deringer style percussion pistol. Was happy to find this one at a not too crazy price. I am digging the damascus pattern on the barrel steel…

Bill R
August 07, 2023, 09:46 AM
1KPerDay
Lovely. Fantastic photo also

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
August 08, 2023, 05:57 AM
4MUL8R
Be sure to load it with low-flash short barrel tactical black powder.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...
August 08, 2023, 09:35 AM
Udo
True art, both by the maker and the photographer.
August 09, 2023, 03:20 AM
stylophiles
I’ve been trying to focus on US pocket pistols, but the fact is, so many of the common “Everyman” pistols of the 1830-1860s were imported.

I’m up to three that, while I can only “prove” one, are all probably imports to the US market.

The smallest one is marked with British proofs, but a Philadelphia Gun Shop name, I’m going to call that one “proved to be imported contemporary”. The others are at best “likely imported, but who knows after almost a couple hundred years!

Bill R
August 09, 2023, 11:28 AM
Loswsmith
I guess I'm missing something, do you mount the tactical light to the round thing below the barrel? And the RMR to that thing that sticks up?

But those problems aside, you have a lovely collection! And honestly the bag the guns are on is very beautiful as well. Can I ask what it is?

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
August 09, 2023, 11:56 AM
stylophiles
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
And honestly the bag the guns are on is very beautiful as well. Can I ask what it is?

The leather briefcase is a Marley Hodgkin No.95 Ghurka, the canvas is a Littleton GP No 1.

Both of which I’ve had forever, cause I sure couldn’t afford them now! Just looked them up and had no idea…. But they are both really, really great bags!

Plus, they make for classy backdrops!

Bill R
August 09, 2023, 03:38 PM
Loswsmith
Holy Bat Guano BagMan! You are right about that price and damn you to hell for politely giving me the information I stupidly asked for because now I'm lusting after them and OMG are they pricey!

Let's hope the guns didn't damage those bags with the whole "being used as a backdrop" for the photograph.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi