SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Robar Poly-T2 and NP3+
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robar Poly-T2 and NP3+ Login/Join 
posted
If anyone's wondering what Poly-T2 looks like (since they don't have any good pics), here it is on a P225 slide:

It seems to be a little more matte than Roguard. I like it. I was originally trying to go for the "K-Kote" look, but I think I like this better.

Posts: 872 | Registered: October 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright smart alecks, can you see it now?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ether:
Alright smart alecks, can you see it now?

Sure. I see electrons whizzing all over the screen.

Q

Posts: 26506 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good deal! I had a slightly holster-worn 1994 model that I already paid too much for, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

It's a thick, tough finish...so just beware...it will change your parts tolerances. But they guarantee it for life against chipping. We'll see, but I won't be the tester.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Scaled to 33% of the OP's photo and hit with just a touch >< of unsharp mask to sharpen it up a bit:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Scaled to 33% of the OP's photo and hit with just a touch >< of unsharp mask to sharpen it up a bit:

Thank you!

T2's definitely not for every application. They had to fit the barrel back into the slide in order to make it go into battery, which kinda surprised me. I thought it might wear in, but that barrel wasn't even TRYING to go into battery until they fit it.

Lesson learned...send the whole gun in so they can make sure everything fits.

I like T2 for the purpose I chose it, but it has limits.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Looks like they also has some fancy new finish, named ArmorLube, on their website. Interesting.

Q

Posts: 26506 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Looks like they also has some fancy new finish, named ArmorLube, on their website. Interesting.

Yeah, I saw that. It sounds like a fancy name for the "dry lube" they used to put on AR15 mags. Who knows?

Picture of ShoreGuy
posted Hide Post
My P228 was sent back to Sig for NP3 on the slide (ages ago) and that’s what it looks like. And the barrel looks like my Robar P229.

West German P228 (first duty weapon)
GOTM Nickel P229

Posts: 79 | Location: NC | Registered: March 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShoreGuy:
My P228 was sent back to Sig for NP3 on the slide (ages ago) and that’s what it looks like. And the barrel looks like my Robar P229.

I like NP3+ for this particular application, but it's more matte than the original and not as slick. I'd probably just go with the original formula for small parts jobs like trigger groups and bolts. Anything larger like a barrel, frame, or slide....I'd choose the more matte NP3+...YMMV.

And then there are many, many other quality options out there. This was just a Robar discussion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ether,