SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything? Login/Join 
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted
This year I moved back to NH, something of a culmination of lots of hard work. I've thought of rewarding myself in some way. There happens to be a Ruger factory in town. So I thought that might be a fun way to mark this moment in my life.

I don't own a Ruger. And I don't have any specific needs. I don't have a 22, and may grab a MKIV regardless of this gift to myself. So what else would you consider? A GP100 in 10mm? A Blackhawk in 45LC? The new 5.7 perhaps? Doesn't need to be practical. Just fun.

Daniel

Posts: 2459 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Convertible Blackhawk. 4.5 inch in .45 Colt / 45ACP. Then double down with a second in .357 / 9mm.
The Convertibles are great guns!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Convertible Blackhawk. 4.5 inch in .45 Colt / 45ACP. Then double down with a second in .357 / 9mm.
The Convertibles are great guns!

This ^^^^^

One of my two retirement gifts to myself, four years ago:

That's actually a Lipsey's Exclusive. They were no longer in production when I got it. I lucked-out and found an FFL in Montana (IIRC), that had one advertised on the Ruger forum.

It's now wearing custom wood grips of which I've yet to have taken any photos. I'll have to remember to do that when it gets back from the 'smith. (It's in to have the bit of trigger creep taken out.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
You don’t own a 22?
Ammo shortage.
A Ruger 10/22 as well as a Mark 4 are my recommendations.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Too bad Ruger stopped making the 77-22. That is one sweet bolt-action .22 cal. rifle Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Ruger Alaskan 454 Casull 2.5"

Been searching for one hear and there but like everything else the past 18 months, they are commanding a premium I'm not willing to pay.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6251 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I own a lot of Ruger firearms but if I could only own one new production gun it would be my 3” 10mm GP100. It’s a real nice gun.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
One of the old rotary magazine .44 semi-auto carbines.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
The LCP II chambered in 32 ACP.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 702 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
They're offered in other chamberings as well, but the blued 5" GP100s in .44 Special and .327 Federal Magnum are very, very good. I really wish Lipsey's would order runs in 9mm and .22LR.

I'd also throw up another vote for my personal "next Ruger", a .45 Colt/.45ACP Blackhawk in the barrel length of your choice, but those things have been expensive or unobtanium for the last while.

If you really want to go crazy, the No. 1 is about as Ruger as Ruger gets.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the semi auto 44 mag carbine.

A shot not taken is a shot missed

Posts: 407 | Registered: April 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like the single action convertible 9mm/.357 mag

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DocCasualty
posted Hide Post
SR1911. I don’t own a 1911 and understand these are good examples.

---------------------

NRA Life Member

Posts: 86 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
At this time a 77/357.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
A threaded MK IV, unsure if the long or short barrel is best.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A GP-100 in .41 Magnum

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Well I'll be the first to admit that I have a Ruger problem. And I'd have a hard time settling on just one...which is why I'm running into capacity issues in my safe.

I have both a 4 5/8" .45 Colt/ACP Blackhawk Convertible, and a 4 5/8" .357 3-screw that I absolutely adore. The .45 is really accurate both in Colt and ACP, and the short ACP cases extract really easily and are awesome to shoot out of a single-action. I'd love to have a 9mm cylinder fitted to my .357, but that's proven difficult being an old model. If you're into single-actions, the Blackhawk is hard to beat.

The 4" GP100 is also a great gun, but I will say they're a little heavy and bulky for carry. They'll eat full house .357 all day and not beat you up. Mine was made in the mod 90s, and has quite a few rounds through it. My buddy told me the other day that he thinks the trigger on it is better than his S&W Model 19, so of that's no an endorsement I don't know what is!

My MKII Stainless Target is the best semi-auto .22 handgun I've ever owned. It feeds everything and is super accurate. I imagine the new MK4 would be similar, if your ok with the stupid magazine disconnect.

The SP101 is a great carry gun...bigger than a J-Frame so very shootable in .357, but small enough to be carry-able. I have a 3" in .357, and it's awesome. I'd like to get it's twin in 9mm.

I wouldn't mind having a 77/357 or 77/44, either, although I haven't seen many aeound these days...not sure f they're still making them. I'm also excited to see what Ruger does with the Marlin lineup. A Ruglin 1894 in .44 mag may well be my next purchase.

Posts: 8413 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
What would you choose from Ruger if you could have anything?

KP90 DC

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
LW Commander in 9mm.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
I own more Rugers than I need I need but, Redhawk
model 5050 in 45colt/ 45acp (moon clips)

https://ruger.com/products/red...specSheets/5050.html

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post