SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My new to me HK45 arrived!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new to me HK45 arrived! Login/Join 
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
One of many reasons that I switched to DA/SA handguns was working around machinery.
When I retired, I spent much more time using tractors, garden tractors, ATV's, and side by sides doing projects at my recreational property.
I bumped the right side safety lever off of safe on 1911's several times. Yeah, I know they still had a functional grip safety.
But still somewhat disconcerting when you realize that 1911 safety had been in the fire position for an undetermined amount of time that day.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1550 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
One of many reasons that I switched to DA/SA handguns was working around machinery.
When I retired, I spent much more time using tractors, garden tractors, ATV's, and side by sides doing projects at my recreational property.
I bumped the right side safety lever off of safe on 1911's several times. Yeah, I know they still had a functional grip safety.
But still somewhat disconcerting when you realize that 1911 safety had been in the fire position for an undetermined amount of time that day.

I'm not retired, but as somebody who spends a lot of time working on stuff around the house and in the woods, I've reached the same conclusion. I like a nice long DA trigger on either a DA/SA auto or a revolver for off-duty carry over a striker or SAO. Your experience is also a reason I don't care for ambi-safeties, as I've had similar experiences.

Posts: 8639 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
And yet there is no need to master two trigger presses with the HK 45 or 45C. Cocked and locked!

BUT there IS a very different trigger pull to be mastered. The DA is not much to my liking, although the SA is OK. Neither is like a Sig DA/SA, which I prefer. I have a USP and two USPc’s, one in .45 and the other in .357 Sig. I installed the Gray Guns SRT’s in the two C’s. It did improve the triggers some, but still not like a Sig. I just think for the cost of the weapons, HK could have made a decent trigger. I have a VP30 and absolutely HATE that trigger, but know of no replacement that would make it better

Posts: 75 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
BUT there IS a very different trigger pull to be mastered.

But only if you want to bother with it. I don't. HK DA triggers are not very good. I agree. I just don't mess with them though. SA only.

Posts: 6631 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Yeah but that single action ain’t no 1911 or SIG SAO to be sure. I love HK pistols and love my 45C but I calls ‘em’ like is see ‘em’. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate enough to get the first one in Alabama and one of the first few anywhere. HK was in Trussville, AL at the time. My friend owned a gun store in Trussville and was friends with some of the HK people. Shortly thereafter, I took my first Vickers class and got Larry to sign the manual since he was instrumental in its development.

Everyone in the class took a few shots with it and Larry spoke about his input. It was very interesting. It’s a big gun but I do like it. I need to see about changing the controls to ambi though since I’m a lefty.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7962 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This discussion is why all my HK's save one are LEM. Two of them are "match" LEM, and they are sweet triggers that I think are the sweet spot of carry and safety and usability curves.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I had the other new HK out for photos and got several of the new to me HK45 also.

IMG_20240411_121115778_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20240411_121150411_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

NRA Instructor

Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
This discussion is why all my HK's save one are LEM. Two of them are "match" LEM, and they are sweet triggers that I think are the sweet spot of carry and safety and usability curves.

I converted my USPc .45 to match LEM by sending it to HK about 20 years ago, the LEM is great. (I kept the safety for carry purposes with the light trigger)

I never liked the regular HK DA/SA, never felt anywhere nice as SIG DA/SA.

My P30L, P2000 are all the low lb (3.5) LEM variant (is that v3? I forget), so saying the hammer fired HK's don't have a nice trigger or one that is the same every time is missing a big part of HK pistols - LEM trigger.

HK's LEM trigger been around for at least 20 years or more now.

I also really recommend the Gray Guns short reset system for HK.

I upgraded my P30 with those GG parts and the trigger is possibly the best of my pistols.

I've had multiple people remark how accurate they were with that P30 with the GG upgrade (which is just HK DA/SA + Safety version).

I also have a worn in VP9 that honestly feels like a LEM trigger at this point, which is nice.

Really feels no different than my Gen 3 Glock 32 honestly. (I have a 3.5# trigger in the Glock).

Posts: 1473 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I must be in the minority here.
About 16 years ago, the New York County I lived in finally began issuing Concealed Carry pistol licenses. After more than 40 years denying them to the common people.
For many decades, they were unobtanium, unless you were a doctor, pharmacist, or connected politically, or even perhaps a well connected lawyer.

I started my concealed carry journey with Ruger P95 and P97 pistols, because that was what I had.
It didn't make much sense prior to that to have money tied up in pistols that had no practical use.

The HK45 V1 and the HK P2000 V3 have double action & single action trigger pulls that are like target pistols, compared to the old Ruger P95 and P97 models.
For me they are perfectly fine as is.
I guess it's all about what you started with, and learned to use.

NRA Instructor

Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
I bought a G-Code "Custom Shop" OWB kydex field holster for the HK45. Four weeks lead time. FDE tan for this holster choice.
Two small screws were missing on this holster order so I sent G-Code Customer Service an email near the end of business hours yesterday.
After 5 PM, I received a return email from G-Code CS and they are shipping the missing screws ASAP.
The missing screws are for the belt slide slot "keepers" for narrowing the belt slide "slots" for a narrower belt.
I am having zero success locating a nice used IWB leather holster for concealed carry, and I guess I may just have to order something new.
I got my shipping notice from the HK web store. I've got two additional magazines coming for the HK45, and two additional magazines coming for the OD green HK P2000.
That Magapalooza deal from HK is for a $200 credit at the HK web store. The four new HK magazines cost $15, for the shipping & handling.

NRA Instructor

Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
IMG_20240427_113506742_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20240427_113518446_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20240427_113528651_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20240427_113537818_HDR by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr