SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's everyone using now for SD ammo in .45ACP
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's everyone using now for SD ammo in .45ACP Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Federal hst's in 9, .40 and. 45. Standard pressure, full weight in each. 230 grain in .45. Works in every test I've seen, regardless of barrel length. Great street reputation also.

Posts: 8 | Registered: June 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where liberty dwells,
there is my country
Picture of Nick
posted Hide Post
Winchester, HST’s and Golden Sabre. Like the federal load you are use to, I found the Golden Sabre works in everything, even 1911’s that usually only eat hardball.

"Escaped the liberal Borg and living free"

Posts: 2225 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: January 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot are state of the art. Why mess with anything else?

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3090 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

I know you've been there a little while now, but how'd you end up in AK? I just went back through history to see if I missed the story, but I didn't find anything.

You've got mail.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Balaam's Ass
Picture of Vero8
posted Hide Post
PMC Gold Starfire SFHP 230 for shorter barrels or Federal Guard Dog 45 ACP AUTO Ammo 165 Grain Expanding Full Metal Jacket for my 1911.

God bless America...and no one else

Posts: 4396 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I carry department issue ammo and it’s the 230 grain HST. For the price it’s hard to beat!

Posts: 1963 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
185gr handloads here.

Posts: 20088 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
I run HST or Gold Dot. They both function flawlessly and have never had a problem with either round.

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
230 grain HST in standard pressure or +P in all of my 45 Auto pistols.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been using Gold Dot 230gr JHP's in my 1911 CCO for years and in my other 1911's. Might pick up some HST's to try. Also in my 9mm's, I carry Gold Dot 124+P JHP's as they are proven in SD scenarios.

Posts: 1312 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Federal 230-gr HST +P.

The gel & barrier performance, and expansion are just too good to ignore. Consistent 1-inch expansion? Amazing!

Posts: 1091 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
230gr Gold Dots, HST’s or Hornady crtiical duty 220gr.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MPrimo
posted Hide Post
Golden Saber for me ... Always seem to run well.

MPrimo

Sigs, Glocks, 1911s, M&Ps ... well, you get the point!

Posts: 617 | Location: New England | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
HST or Gold Dot in all calibers. No feeding issues, and great reputation.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still using 230 Hydra-Shoks. Have a large stockpile from a number of years ago. Just refreshed six mags with new stuff last week.

It's an Old Guy thing. Smile

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep all of my guns loaded with golden saber
ever since paramedic school during one of my ride time shifts responded to man down call found a guy in his garage at his work bench. the officers secured the weapon prior to our arrival he ate his 1911a a hole the size of an orange in the back of his head. On his work bench a box of golden saber .45 acp +p

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Federal HST standard pressure.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
230 HST.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
230grn Golden Saber has been and continues to be my choice

Posts: 747 | Location: Vermont | Registered: February 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
200 grain fmj flat point, it’s a +p load.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post