SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's everyone using now for SD ammo in .45ACP
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's everyone using now for SD ammo in .45ACP Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Still getting settled in from the move. Left a lot of ammo back in Arizona for the drive up to Alaska. So now an opportunity to re-evaluate my carry ammo and stock up again. In the past I've always used Federal 230gr Hydrashocks in my various .45's. Functioned flawlessly in everything. So what's the opinion of the forum?

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the same stuff that you are using. If I switch, it will be to the Underwood 200 gr. load.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I use what you use but the +P. It is what my office issued when we were issued our P220s and I was happy with that ammo.

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
I'm a Gold Dot guy. Never had any failures with the Speer Gold Dot in any caliber.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
I'm also using the Federal 230 GR. Hydrashocks.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
230 Gold Dots

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
230 gr HST is my Hallmark load, ‘cause when you care to send the very best.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ranger T-series 230gr

Can't remember if it's normal or +P

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Another 230gr Gold Dot guy here, but I wouldn’t feel bad with the Ranger T, HST, or the Hydrashok loadours in 230gr.

Posts: 2950 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
HST.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
Same that I've used for over 9 years, Ranger T 230 grain. Kills bugs dead. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Ranger T, does it for me.
230gr.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
230gr Federal HST, standard pressure

Posts: 1051 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hydroshock or HSTs in 45 and 9mm

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post

I know you've been there a little while now, but how'd you end up in AK? I just went back through history to see if I missed the story, but I didn't find anything.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Ranger T series 230 gr.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I use HST for bout everything but like 230 grain Gold Dots in my .45s Because.....well.....I got nothing I just do, it works and has worked in the past with more finicky guns so I guess just confirmation bias really.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Federal HST 230gr +P

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ranger T or HST

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post