SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone use the Hogue Handall Grip Sleeves?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use the Hogue Handall Grip Sleeves? Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Makes all the difference.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
I have Hogue's on a couple Glocks. Great improvement to get some traction.

I also added a Pachmayr sleeve to my P239 40cal. Adds just the right thickness at the center of the grip.

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:

Yeah, they work great on the Ruger LC Series.

Posts: 932 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Tried one on my Steyr M9-A1 but alas it didn't fit well. The only product from Hogue, which I've purchased that I wouldn't recommend. I think its utility greatly depends on the pistol in question though.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:

I have the same pistol, set up the same way. The LC9s is one of my most accurate pistols. The Hogue grip sleeve makes it fit my hand perfectly.

A suggestion: Consider installing a Galloway Precision trigger, I did, to correct trigger sting, but it sure made the trigger better.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
Warm it with a hair dryer, then again when you have it half on. It makes it about 80% easier.
Have one on my P365 and love it.

Posts: 869 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
The Handall Grip just plain works. Very surprise if you don't like it and even shoot better with it on.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2409 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hi-power man:
I have Hogue's on a couple Glocks. Great improvement to get some traction.

I also added a Pachmayr sleeve to my P239 40cal. Adds just the right thickness at the center of the grip.

The Hogue rubber grips make a huge difference on the 239. My friend had the sleeve on his USP and I really liked it but I've never bought one.

Posts: 142 | Location: NY | Registered: December 11, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Never been a fan.

Q

Posts: 26368 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It was beneficial on my old Kel-Tec P11 which was my only experience with one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Just installed one on a P365. It makes a very good gun even better.

Posts: 13808 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use one on my Glock 48, improves an already great gun.

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I have a few but just didn't like them. One of the few things Hogue I don't like.

Posts: 18034 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I have one on my 365 and 365X

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So am I to conclude that if you want a little more thickness get the Hogue Handal, but if more thickness isn't needed then perhaps use Talon/skateboard/tread tape?

I've used tape on several guns because I didn't need the grip flats to be "sticky" just the front and back straps, and didn't need any more thickness.

Posts: 11 | Registered: November 02, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just put one on my M&P, was happy when I found out that the factory palm swell is removed and the Houge sleeve takes the place of it. This made the installation substantially easier.

It did change the grip feel alot, looking forward to shooting it. The only negative is a slight gap between the sleeve and the gun frame at the top rear.

I tried to post a picture using my phone and that was impossible for me to figure out.

Posts: 78 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 18, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I use them on all my HK USP's (7 or 8) and on one G19.
I like them albeit not the easiest to get on.
Improves grip on these weapons dramatically.

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found my G48 did not offer the best gripping surface when shooting some loads. Once I installed the Hogue grip sleeve it made all the difference. I put one on a G43 so I knew in advance installation would be "challenging".

Lock N Load

Michael
USMC Ret

Posts: 1450 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post