SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Model 36 SW. Tyler T-Grip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 36 SW. Tyler T-Grip Login/Join 
posted
Picked up a brand new model 36 SW.

Curious where folks are getting T-Grips these days.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
www.bkgrips.com

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'll second BK grips. They're plastic, but very well made, and a great company to do business with.

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of photohause
posted Hide Post
My 60 came with them and I took them off, and replaced with a Crimson Trace...puts my hand better.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

Posts: 1629 | Location:  | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bk grips are the best. They are plastic but they work the same and will be shipped immediately. Tyler T grips are a disaster nowadays to order from, might as well burn your 20 dollar bills.

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I will say I'm a big fan of the current rubber boots grip for the round butt J-Frames. They're comfortable and functional, and don't look too bad, either. But a classic like a 36 is just begging for a T-grip or a clone thereof!

Posts: 8377 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pictures!

I’m in a bit of a j frame mentality right now. I really want the 340 PD I think it’s called. Scandium frame but SS cylinder and the sights are the U and the XS small tritium dot. My LGS had one for quite awhile. Just couldn’t pull the trigger now I’m jonesing for one. I need pics.

Posts: 7326 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Angry Korean
with a Dark Soul
Picture of Windhover
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I will say I'm a big fan of the current rubber boots grip for the round butt J-Frames. They're comfortable and functional, and don't look too bad, either. But a classic like a 36 is just begging for a T-grip or a clone thereof!

They do feel great. Unfortunately, on my 642 there was not enough clearance for the speedloader. I ended up getting Hogue Bantam grips which feel just as good and had sufficient clearance for speedloaders.

I am disappointed Uncle Mike's Boot Grips are no longer. They were in my opinion the best rubber grips for the J-frame. I had one on my 637 but sold the gun with the grips on.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see the Tyler T-grip on Ebay from time to time. All of my J-frame guns have Tyler T-grips......the look and feel is CORRECT!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GT-40DOC,

Posts: 6599 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Pictures!

I’m in a bit of a j frame mentality right now. I really want the 340 PD I think it’s called. Scandium frame but SS cylinder and the sights are the U and the XS small tritium dot. My LGS had one for quite awhile. Just couldn’t pull the trigger now I’m jonesing for one. I need pics.

I was in a small shop and they had this model 36 brand new in case. I had no idea they still got made.

It has the “hole” which stinks but anytime I see an older one it’s beat to hell.

I appreciate the other responses. I will order a plastic one for quick service and hunt for the real deal.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2505 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good call leonidss. I suspect once you get the bill grip though you might be plenty happy with it and disregard the search. I ended up with a couple because they are inexpensive, work just as well, and you will have it in the week.

posted Hide Post
Already ordered it.

Maybe I will do a range report.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
They do feel great. Unfortunately, on my 642 there was not enough clearance for the speedloader. I ended up getting Hogue Bantam grips which feel just as good and had sufficient clearance for speedloaders.

I don't usually carry a reload, but when I do it's now in a Zeta-Six J-Clip. They're lower profile than traditional speed loaders so there are no clearance issues, carry better, and I find them quicker to use. That said, I was never super proficient with a traditional speed loader, so if you've put in the practice on one of those I can understand not wanting to switch.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
You can still order some tyler-t grips.
It's a one man show working part-time. Order then wait about 6-10 months. He maybe faster these days.

https://www.t-grips.com/6

Or you can call Robertson's Trading Post, they were selling tyler-t grips for the new guy who took over tyler.

https://www.robertsontradingpost.com/

These uncle mikes are nice too.
You can sometimes find these on fleabay. #59010

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the price and quick delivery BK is the way to go. Years ago there were a few other companies including S&W that offered a grip adapter that sell on the auction site for less than the Tylers. Agree the Uncle Mikes are difficult to beat for compact rubber grips. If you do a search the S&W forum has a lot of excellent info re the grip adapters and stocks.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leonidas, I've got a s&w grip adapter size M. I believe in fits a j-frame. It's yours if you want it.[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Experimented with a number of stocks both S&W factory and aftermarket along with grip adapters. Seeing the primary mission of the S&W J frame is concealment I settled on the standard factory stocks and a grip adapter. Other than the alloy Tyler grip adapters all the other companies including S&W were black plastic.

Posts: 185 | Registered: December 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1538 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beretta92
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1861 | Location: Clarksville Indiana | Registered: May 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post