SIGforum
Model 36 SW. Tyler T-Grip

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/9100036394

July 24, 2022, 11:01 PM
leonidas211
Model 36 SW. Tyler T-Grip
Picked up a brand new model 36 SW.

Curious where folks are getting T-Grips these days.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member
July 25, 2022, 01:25 AM
YooperSigs
www.bkgrips.com

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
July 25, 2022, 01:36 AM
92fstech
I'll second BK grips. They're plastic, but very well made, and a great company to do business with.
July 25, 2022, 10:51 AM
photohause
My 60 came with them and I took them off, and replaced with a Crimson Trace...puts my hand better.

Don't. drink & drive, don't even putt.

July 25, 2022, 12:08 PM
pedropcola
bk grips are the best. They are plastic but they work the same and will be shipped immediately. Tyler T grips are a disaster nowadays to order from, might as well burn your 20 dollar bills.
July 25, 2022, 01:31 PM
92fstech
I will say I'm a big fan of the current rubber boots grip for the round butt J-Frames. They're comfortable and functional, and don't look too bad, either. But a classic like a 36 is just begging for a T-grip or a clone thereof!
July 25, 2022, 01:40 PM
pedropcola
Pictures!

I’m in a bit of a j frame mentality right now. I really want the 340 PD I think it’s called. Scandium frame but SS cylinder and the sights are the U and the XS small tritium dot. My LGS had one for quite awhile. Just couldn’t pull the trigger now I’m jonesing for one. I need pics.
July 25, 2022, 01:48 PM
Windhover
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
I will say I'm a big fan of the current rubber boots grip for the round butt J-Frames. They're comfortable and functional, and don't look too bad, either. But a classic like a 36 is just begging for a T-grip or a clone thereof!

They do feel great. Unfortunately, on my 642 there was not enough clearance for the speedloader. I ended up getting Hogue Bantam grips which feel just as good and had sufficient clearance for speedloaders.

I am disappointed Uncle Mike's Boot Grips are no longer. They were in my opinion the best rubber grips for the J-frame. I had one on my 637 but sold the gun with the grips on.
July 25, 2022, 02:13 PM
GT-40DOC
I see the Tyler T-grip on Ebay from time to time. All of my J-frame guns have Tyler T-grips......the look and feel is CORRECT!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GT-40DOC,
July 25, 2022, 02:30 PM
leonidas211
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Pictures!

I’m in a bit of a j frame mentality right now. I really want the 340 PD I think it’s called. Scandium frame but SS cylinder and the sights are the U and the XS small tritium dot. My LGS had one for quite awhile. Just couldn’t pull the trigger now I’m jonesing for one. I need pics.

I was in a small shop and they had this model 36 brand new in case. I had no idea they still got made.

It has the “hole” which stinks but anytime I see an older one it’s beat to hell.

I appreciate the other responses. I will order a plastic one for quick service and hunt for the real deal.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member
July 25, 2022, 04:37 PM
pedropcola
Good call leonidss. I suspect once you get the bill grip though you might be plenty happy with it and disregard the search. I ended up with a couple because they are inexpensive, work just as well, and you will have it in the week.
July 25, 2022, 04:49 PM
leonidas211
Already ordered it.

Maybe I will do a range report.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member
July 25, 2022, 04:53 PM
92fstech
quote:
They do feel great. Unfortunately, on my 642 there was not enough clearance for the speedloader. I ended up getting Hogue Bantam grips which feel just as good and had sufficient clearance for speedloaders.

I don't usually carry a reload, but when I do it's now in a Zeta-Six J-Clip. They're lower profile than traditional speed loaders so there are no clearance issues, carry better, and I find them quicker to use. That said, I was never super proficient with a traditional speed loader, so if you've put in the practice on one of those I can understand not wanting to switch.
July 25, 2022, 10:19 PM
Greymann
You can still order some tyler-t grips.
It's a one man show working part-time. Order then wait about 6-10 months. He maybe faster these days.

https://www.t-grips.com/6

Or you can call Robertson's Trading Post, they were selling tyler-t grips for the new guy who took over tyler.

https://www.robertsontradingpost.com/

These uncle mikes are nice too.
You can sometimes find these on fleabay. #59010

July 27, 2022, 12:57 PM
Kobren
For the price and quick delivery BK is the way to go. Years ago there were a few other companies including S&W that offered a grip adapter that sell on the auction site for less than the Tylers. Agree the Uncle Mikes are difficult to beat for compact rubber grips. If you do a search the S&W forum has a lot of excellent info re the grip adapters and stocks.
July 27, 2022, 01:22 PM
amc
Leonidas, I've got a s&w grip adapter size M. I believe in fits a j-frame. It's yours if you want it.[IMG:left] [/IMG]
July 28, 2022, 03:49 PM
Kobren
Experimented with a number of stocks both S&W factory and aftermarket along with grip adapters. Seeing the primary mission of the S&W J frame is concealment I settled on the standard factory stocks and a grip adapter. Other than the alloy Tyler grip adapters all the other companies including S&W were black plastic.
July 29, 2022, 06:38 PM
Greymann

July 31, 2022, 10:15 AM
Beretta92
https://www.ebay.com/itm/27530...b:g:xIgAAOSw70hg6JSG