SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    The Underappreciated Glock 21
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Underappreciated Glock 21 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The Glock 21 would be my pick for open carry use like LEO or military provided it was authorized. What's not to like about a dependable high capacity 45acp?

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have been looking for a gen 3 21 for awhile without any luck

Posts: 435 | Location: rocky river ohio | Registered: February 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My second Glock was a 21. Glock had recently opened in Smyrna and I went to one of their classes there and decided I needed a serious gun. The 21 is certainly a "mans" gun, those with small hands need not bother. Over the years that I used it, I shot it better than any other pistol I owned. Accurate, reliable, and able to withstand any abuse thrown at it. Glocks are industrial and need not be worried about. A Glock is what I travel with, if I lose it, or it gets stolen, I wouldn't feel that bad, unlike what I would feel if I damaged or lost a Sig.

The 21 has now been relegated to a secondary bedroom gun, but it is always nearby. If I had to have just one gun, the 21 might be the one, even though my heart and experience is with Sigs.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
My 21 is one of my truck guns. It lives in my console with two extra mags.

I like my 36 also. It's one of my favorite carry guns.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our academy graduates tomorrow and I present the firearms award to the top 3 students.

The officer who's issued the old road-rash G21 in the pics placed 3rd out of 47 students!

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
Our academy graduates tomorrow and I present the firearms award to the top 3 students.

The officer who's issued the old road-rash G21 in the pics placed 3rd out of 47 students!

Tell him "Congrats" from me!
There may be something else for him too...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:

Tell him "Congrats" from me!
There may be something else for him too...

Will do! Thanks!

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CPD SIG, the package just arrived. Thank you so much for your generosity! I'll drop the contents off to him tomorrow. Very cool! Those shirts are awesome!

posted Hide Post
No idea where that came from?!?! Wink

Damn Gun Gnomes must have snuck that in the package! Big Grin

Take a look at that no-skid tape, one piece should cover both sides of the grip, the front strap and the thumb rest on the side of the frame.
One is his, same with the Tshirt, the other shirt and the patch are yours.
Enjoy!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8351 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
No idea where that came from?!?! Wink

Damn Gun Gnomes must have snuck that in the package! Big Grin

Take a look at that no-skid tape, one piece should cover both sides of the grip, the front strap and the thumb rest on the side of the frame.
One is his, same with the Tshirt, the other shirt and the patch are yours.
Enjoy!

CPD SIG, the package was delivered to the officer yesterday. He was blown away! He just couldn't believe it. His hometown is about 90 minutes away in the Ozarks, so we drove down there to enjoy the fall colors, shop, and listen to some bluegrass. He's 24 and was working his second job (!!!) at Sears. A super good kid with a bright future in LE. Again, thanks for your generosity!

PS: I passed on your info about the grip tape on the G21. Also, he said they had a certified Glock armorer who could change out the G21 magazine springs for him on Monday.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
When I lived there, the San Bernardino County (CA) Sheriff's Dept. issued the G21, G17 optional for smaller hands . (This was a long time ago.) I tried one for fit in the fun store and could only get the very tip of my finger on the trigger, so not for me.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jbourne,
I'm glad things worked out!
Good for him! I hope he goes far and stays safe on the job!

posted Hide Post
The Gen4 G21 has been a great pistol for me. Before the Gen3 G21SF I had no use for the model; with my small hands and relatively short fingers it was too damn hard to get on the trigger. The G21SF changed all of that, but I really did not like the real-world slickness the Gen3's (not so) "rough texture finish".

Then the first time I tried a Gen4 (which has the same "length-of-pull" as the G21SF), and it seemed like the ideal configuration. Considerably better grippy surface texture with a just-downsized-enough grip. Ultimately bought one and it's been a favorite .45 of mine ever since.

-MG

Posts: 1994 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Prefer the G30 over the G21. But BOTH are tac drivers.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enough guilt-tripping me; I rolled the G21 out for nightstand duty for a few weeks, with Federal 230 gr. HSTs and a TLR-1 HL. The M9 was wiped down, put into its case.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Enough guilt-tripping me; I rolled the G21 out for nightstand duty for a few weeks, with Federal 230 gr. HSTs and a TLR-1 HL. The M9 was wiped down, put into its case.

Yes, sir! Well played!

posted Hide Post
I named this Glock 21, Annette. Wink

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post