SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking about picking up a P239
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about picking up a P239 Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roym:
They are out of 40 for the moment, but have 9 and 357 sig right now

The .40 and the .357 Sig should be the same mag. In fact, most Sig factory mags for both pistols are marked '40/357', not sure why those aren't. But since the .357 Sig is based off the .40 parent case, the same mag works for both. Or at least I "THINK" they should, LOL!

Posts: 800 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the mag for a 239 using a 357 sig round is necked down so it will not work with a 40. The mag for the 40 is not necked down at the top and will work with 357 sig. I have never had any problems with this. I however believe the actual 357 sig mag will better present the next round if using for a self defense situation where you wish there to be no doubt of reliability

Posts: 58 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
For the double stacked mags .40 and .357 are the same but like roym pointed out; not so with a single stack for the p239. 357 will work in the 40's but not the other way around.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Picked up a P239 for my sister about six months ago. She loves it!

Wes

Posts: 2424 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I obtained this 239-9 locally 2 days ago. It shoots very well.

I took some quick pictures. Here it is beside another.

https://share.icloud.com/photo...NgT1PBTzKFVVkaaze0ZQ

Posts: 2560 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I just rescued this lightly used P239-9 Scorpion from the consignment case of my LGS. Sadly, it has been separated from its original box, papers and spare magazine. A quick disassembly and cleaning reveled the presence of SIG's SRT sear and safety lever. Does anyone know if this model shipped from the factory with the SRT parts installed? Judging from the serial number, I believe the pistol was manufactured around July 2017. Thanks for your input!

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Man that is one nice looking P239.
Great looking G10 grips.
can't answer your question, but I suspect the short resect came from the factory.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P239 Update - finally picked up a nice 2006 version with the German frame markings. Can't wait to take it to the range. Thanks to all the members for their advice and encouragement while I located this fine weapon. This is a great forum and I am happy to be a part of it.

Posts: 21 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You wont be disappointed, great little pistol, start stocking up on mags, for whatever reason Sig wont release MecGar to produce them at will

Posts: 95 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just be warned... this can lead to trouble.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

posted Hide Post
I found 2 in the last few weeks which is amazing; they are out there!

Posts: 2560 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
I just rescued this lightly used P239-9 Scorpion from the consignment case of my LGS. Sadly, it has been separated from its original box, papers and spare magazine. A quick disassembly and cleaning reveled the presence of SIG's SRT sear and safety lever. Does anyone know if this model shipped from the factory with the SRT parts installed? Judging from the serial number, I believe the pistol was manufactured around July 2017. Thanks for your input!

Did all of the scorpions have a shorter serial number? My 2 tone from 2014 is very close. It just has two more zeros.

Posts: 155 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post