SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking about picking up a P239
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about picking up a P239 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I used to have a P239, but it didn’t agree with my long hand too well. The P225-A1 was perfect for me if you can find one.

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
The P239 was made for the 357SIG cartridge, with a P225 you have to settle for 9MM

I second that emotion! I've carried a DAK version chambered in .357 Sig every day at work since 2012 and it is balls accurate, has very manageable recoil (because it is a bit of tank frankly), is relatively thin and is therefore very easy to handle and shoot. As mentioned, the mags are very slim so there's zero issue in packing extras. I highly recommend picking one up!

BTW colt_saa, that '405' number betrays the state agency that retired that pistol, LOL!
All I can say is, "The stars at night, are big and bright...."

Posts: 799 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, looks like I really started a fire storm with this post. My hunt continues for a nice P239 in 9mm. They seem to be getting more expensive. Wish me luck in tracking one down.

Posts: 20 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TexasRaider:

BTW colt_saa, that '405' number betrays the state agency that retired that pistol, LOL!
All I can say is, "The stars at night, are big and bright...."
That is not a used, retired pistol.

I forget when the P239s came into their inventory, but that one was never carried or holstered. It was function fired at the beginning just to make sure it worked but then I put it away. I think that one is from 04 or 05

It was 1994 when I was working out in Dallas County that I first gained experience with the 357SIG Cartridge. The T&E guns were P226s. I have been a really big 357SIG fan ever since.

I did trade out most all of my 7 round P239 magazines for the 8 rounders when they came in. It was just a big old box of SIG magazines, sealed in little plastic baggies, sitting on one of the desks. That was a good day Smile

I wonder where all those old 7 rounders went

These days I mostly carry the Hard Chrome P239 in a Galco Concealable belt holster and yes with one of the 8 round magazines

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5176 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wingsfan:
Wow, looks like I really started a fire storm with this post. My hunt continues for a nice P239 in 9mm. They seem to be getting more expensive. Wish me luck in tracking one down.

Hang in there man, it will happen. As you can tell the p239 has a 'few' admirers here....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Come across a .40 at a show for 550.
One will show up... eventually.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I LOVE my P239s!
I have a SAS 9 mm and a SAS 357 Sig
Wouldn't even debate selling them.
If I am wearing a real belt and coat Im likely carrying a 1911 or a P239
I have smaller hands that don't like double stacks.

Posts: 298 | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm prejudice and like all my Sig pistols... and I really like and am proud of the P226 Legion single action only I just picked up... but here is the interesting thing with the P226's (regardless of the grip) or my P320 compact.... even with the ones with a red dot or laser on them.... when I draw them I have to use the sight to be pointed at the target.... in contrast I can draw one of my P239's which have Crimson trace laser grips on them and just point at the target and not use the sights and activate the laser and with in 20 feet that damn laser's dot is within 2-3" of where I have the pistol aimed.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
Hi, just poking in here because I see New P239 SAS for sale at guns.com if anyone is interested

https://www.guns.com/firearms/...987&utm_medium=df_NA

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always liked my P239.

It was my first gun.

Bought it in .40 and bought the .357 and the Barsto conversion 9mm barrel soon after.

The .357 always turns heads at the indoor range.

Mostly a safe queen now with my P365 in my pocket.

Since my other guns are 9mm, I mostly keep 9mm in it.

I still have a can full of Georgia Canned Heat in .357 to fire off at the range.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regardless of caliber, it’s a great pistol. However, there is support for it anymore. I’ll keep mine for now,

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bearverine
posted Hide Post
Youse "yutes" is killin' me!

Yesterday was my day off, so I ambled over to my friendly local conservation club with a 365xl, a 239, and a 6" 686-6 in tow.

My eyes are old and crusty, and bifocaled, and I truly struggled with the romeo zero on the 365. It may have to come off. It's been forever since I had the 239 out, but the old gal was dropping them right in there.
The 686 did about as well as you'd expect, and was also a pleasure.

As honor follows service, so the westerner travels to the east.

Posts: 478 | Location: Winchester, Indiana | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll be adding a P239 357/40 to my collection today. It’s a GOTM from Oct 05. It was listed as a 40 and it came with a 357 barrel as well. The seller had 3 mags of each and supposedly has a very low round count. Can’t wait to finally pick it up later today.

Posts: 151 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
239-40-OCT05

Posts: 151 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrojanX4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
The 357SIG P239 works very well with the Factory threaded 9MM barrel.

No spring change or magazine change is required. At 500+ rounds of suppressed subsonic Winchester Lawman the firearm has been running 100%

This is a sweet rig! I really miss my .357 sig handguns, so fun to shoot. Such a great and under utilized cartridge!

Posts: 1874 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The drawback would be, since the P239 is no longer in production, aftermarket support will be a little hard to come by.

How much really of drawback would it be?
Not much, IMO - unless you are talking about accessories available like holsters, grips, mags and trigger parts but even then I wouldn't be worried.
Never needed any support on any of my many Sigs (including a P239) but I guess you never know.

Posts: 22859 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand the lack of aftermarket support but I must admit I love mine.
Many of the same reasons as mentioned above.
I like the 357 sig mostly in it due to precise recoil feel and POI related to POA.
I do however practice with reloads from my 40 barrel, cheaper Smile

Too many SIGs .. ... Nah not really

Posts: 361 | Location: AL | Registered: August 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as parts haven't had an issue since alot of the parts interchange between the hammer P-series, holsters hasnt been a problem since most manufactures that i deal with still make for the 239. The only thing lacking is cheap priced magazines, but i lucked into a local source who had gotten L.E.O. trade in mags.

Posts: 93 | Registered: October 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is mine that came in this week. It was born in 2013.

I obtained a bunch of mags from the same seller.

I will carry it in a Galco Miami Classic shoulder holster system: I got the last one Midway had in stock for the 239-9. Now, I only need a MS VM2 for the 239 as I had in the past.

https://share.icloud.com/photo...NfBgMjykVtZgg_F1DwTg

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mags are $26.99 at Midwest Gun {new}

https://www.midwestgunworks.co...tml?Search=sig+p+239

They are out of 40 for the moment, but have 9 and 357 sig right now

quote:
Originally posted by m.p.driver:
As far as parts haven't had an issue since alot of the parts interchange between the hammer P-series, holsters hasnt been a problem since most manufactures that i deal with still make for the 239. The only thing lacking is cheap priced magazines, but i lucked into a local source who had gotten L.E.O. trade in mags.

Posts: 58 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post