SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Thinking about picking up a P239
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thinking about picking up a P239 Login/Join 
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roym:
They are out of 40 for the moment, but have 9 and 357 sig right now

The .40 and the .357 Sig should be the same mag. In fact, most Sig factory mags for both pistols are marked '40/357', not sure why those aren't. But since the .357 Sig is based off the .40 parent case, the same mag works for both. Or at least I "THINK" they should, LOL!

Posts: 754 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the mag for a 239 using a 357 sig round is necked down so it will not work with a 40. The mag for the 40 is not necked down at the top and will work with 357 sig. I have never had any problems with this. I however believe the actual 357 sig mag will better present the next round if using for a self defense situation where you wish there to be no doubt of reliability

Posts: 43 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the double stacked mags .40 and .357 are the same but like roym pointed out; not so with a single stack for the p239. 357 will work in the 40's but not the other way around.

Posts: 2928 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Picked up a P239 for my sister about six months ago. She loves it!

Wes

Posts: 2227 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post