SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Whats the best bang for the buck 9mm pistol carbine right now
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whats the best bang for the buck 9mm pistol carbine right now Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had a Stribog and run 500 rds through it and realized my P226 Tacops had the same capabilites on my hip......

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wacopolumbo:
quote:
Originally posted by calugo:

Both the AKV & ARV look pretty cool how much do they cost out the door? I like the SIG but at over 2k its out of reach for my budget.

PSA offers them in multiple configurations, they can be had for under $1K. Then you can mod them to suit your needs. I love the reliable, affordable mags that are interchangeable between the platforms. As stated by another member, they also accept CZ scorpion mags, but the PSA mags are more affordable. They have a 15 red extension for the 35rnd mags and a 50 round drum. I’ve read the reliability of the drum is hit or miss. I’ve been satisfied with the standard 35 round mags.

Thanks

Posts: 1617 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wacopolumbo:
quote:

Both the AKV & ARV look pretty cool how much do they cost out the door? I like the SIG but at over 2k its out of reach for my budget.

PSA offers them in multiple configurations, they can be had for under $1K. Then you can mod them to suit your needs. I love the reliable, affordable mags that are interchangeable between the platforms. As stated by another member, they also accept CZ scorpion mags, but the PSA mags are more affordable. They have a 15 red extension for the 35rnd mags and a 50 round drum. I’ve read the reliability of the drum is hit or miss. I’ve been satisfied with the standard 35 round mags.

Thanks

No Problem, another Plus of the AK-V and AR-V are these sweet “banana mags” they offer :-)

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Iron Chef..ditto

Posts: 378 | Location: Phoenix Aridzona | Registered: March 06, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have a couple but by far I love the CZ Scorpion Micro the best. Just waiting on my suppressor to make it a two stamp which should add to the fun level quite a bit.

But best bang for the buck? Probably the Ruger PCC.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I have a couple but by far I love the CZ Scorpion Micro the best. Just waiting on my suppressor to make it a two stamp which should add to the fun level quite a bit.

But best bang for the buck? Probably the Ruger PCC.

Your Scorpion Micro set-up is Saweet!

Regards,
Waco

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That's the best looking Scorpion I've seen.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I went with both an ASR pistol and rifle from TNW firearms and have been happy... even though they require Glock magazines.

https://www.tnwfirearms.com/pr...g-xxxx-xxxx-brhg.htm

the nice thing about both is the barrel comes off and on quick and it is relatively easy to change pistol calibers. In fact 40 cal, 357sig and 10mm only required a barrel change.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
I wanted an AKV but I ended up getting a scorpion and am super happy with it.

Posts: 10199 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I bought my AK-v it was a toss up with the CZ. Had heard that the CZ had problems keeping Red Dots tight? I do not have first hand experience but I plan on finding out soon, I still want one!

Posts: 143 | Location: mich | Registered: June 24, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had heard that the CZ had problems keeping Red Dots tight?

That falls in the completely silly category. FWIW.
The CZ has a certain number of potential issues, but that isn't one of them.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ruger PCC 9mm. It can hold its own in a Steel Match or, break down into a nice two piece truck, car gun, or enable you to back pack it. Buy a big stick Glock mag and your cooking with gas...

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Draco Nak9

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bang for buck with simplicity? Ruger PCC. But the CZ and SIG are very nice.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I own a BUNCH of 9MM carbines.

Most are range toys (not reliable enough for self defense)

The one I HIGHLY recommend, is the Beretta CX4 storm. Hasn't been available for years (sporadic import), they are CURRENTLY available for $799 at many online retailers. THis latest batch WILL sell out soon, then they will be unavailable again for years, if ever. When they were not being imported, used ones were $1000, so you'll easily get your moneys worth if you decide to sell.

Comes with two 20 rd Beretta 92FS magazines. (Magazines cheap and easy to find) Reliable as an anvil. Fun. Short. Great plinking gun. Great home defense gun.

The Ruger PCC has a metal magazine release and it chews up Glock magazines, if you use those. (Glocks are supposed to use polymer magazine releases) This of course doesn't apply if you stick with the standard Ruger metal magazines.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd find a Marlin Camp 9, I have one that's great. It's so accurate that it becomes boring. I can make 1 small hole at 25 yards at the pistol range with it. But well balanced and a great shooting gun.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That seems like an odd assertion for a large sample of these. I also own a bunch and after lots of rounds I would say at least these are reliable enough for self defense (in rough order that I trust them).
HK MP5/SP5
B&T APC
Colt AR9
SIG MPX
Beretta CX4
CZ Scorpion
CMMG Banshee

I own a bunch of others but they haven't had the number of rounds needed for me to have full confidence. However, based on what I've seen at the matches (not personal experience) I think the Ruger is surely GTG>. Which ones do you find are really not reliable, be interesting to hear.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't had any issues with any of my Glock mags getting chewed up by my Ruger PCC and I was running it pretty hard in Steel matches and practice. Had no issues like those mentioned above by Bubba. YMMV.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
I own a BUNCH of 9MM carbines.

The one I HIGHLY recommend, is the Beretta CX4 storm. Hasn't been available for years (sporadic import), they are CURRENTLY available for $799 at many online retailers. THis latest batch WILL sell out soon, then they will be unavailable again for years, if ever. When they were not being imported, used ones were $1000, so you'll easily get your moneys worth if you decide to sell.

Comes with two 20 rd Beretta 92FS magazines. (Magazines cheap and easy to find) Reliable as an anvil. Fun. Short. Great plinking gun. Great home defense gun.

The Ruger PCC has a metal magazine release and it chews up Glock magazines, if you use those. (Glocks are supposed to use polymer magazine releases) This of course doesn't apply if you stick with the standard Ruger metal magazines.

Another vote for the CX4. Reliable, accurate, lots of mag availability, reasonable weight, AND it is short (29-30” though still a 16” barrel), with the center of gravity closer to your body. Like my MPX’s, but feel equally or more comfortable with the CX4.
Disadvantages? It’s weird looking, trigger could be lighter, and it kicks a bit, but just a bit.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
I forgot about the CX4. Good call. They are a great choice as well for all the reasons folks have mentioned.

Regards,
Waco