SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P226 9MM Mags, what do you guys use?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 9MM Mags, what do you guys use? Login/Join 
Rebel Without a Clue
Picture of squad13
posted Hide Post
quote:
I keep hearing that Sig and Ruger and possibly other company's 'factory' magazines are really MecGar's.... is there a way to prove this?

Theres a good chance that if the body is stamped "Made in Italy" its made by Mec-Gar. A lot of Sigs, Canik, Ruger, CZ and Walthers to name a few are still made by Mec-Gar.

Mec-Gar made magazines are the way to go.

Posts: 958 | Location: Ohio | Registered: August 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a dozen MecGar 18 rounders from Greg.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“Made in Italy” can be Act Mags in some cases as well.

Posts: 146 | Registered: August 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
Same here, the Mecgars have never let me down.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
So I received my 12 Mec-Gar 18 rounders from Greg (thanks Greg for the awesome service) and saw today that another on-line source has 18 round CheckMate flush fits with rear witness holes (the the Beretta 18 round Mec-Gars) on sale for $20 each so I ordered 12 of those too (I have a mag problem). I’ll compare the two when I get them in.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post