SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    tell me about CZ pistols, esp the Shadow 2 compact please
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

tell me about CZ pistols, esp the Shadow 2 compact please Login/Join 
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Never picked up a PCR or P-01 since I found a Canik C-100. It's obviously a clone, the safety can be engaged with the hammer down. Canik has come along way since '12 though. I held a CZ P10c, felt good-don't think it has a manual safety though. But my CZ 75 Compact is a gun I could carry (iwi, shoulder, but probably not aiwb). You have to hammer-down but that's not a problem and it has the best DA/SA triggers of all my guns. Good hunting

Posts: 3525 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The PCR is the most slim "compact" I've ever shot. Many grip options to keep it extremely slim or palm-swell options to make a bit bigger. To me, the PCR/P01/SP01 Tactical all needed the Cajun mods to improve the trigger feel and reset distance over what you get out of the box. Problem is, the Cajun kits can make the SA trigger pull too light for carry and there aren't straightforward ways to increase the SA pull weight. Sold them to a friend who absolutely loves CZ's.

The P07 is also extremely underrated. The best 25 yard non-supported group I've ever shot is with a P07. The Omega trigger is really just meh though. Even with Cajun mods the trigger was just OK and the SA creep was crazy long and spongy. Maybe I had a bad factory sample or bad Cajun parts.

I strongly suggest looking at the Beretta PX4 if you haven't. Specifically the Langdon Tactical PX4 Compact Carry. Just came out with a Gen 2 at 2024 Shot Show. Most LTT editions are sold as decocker only but PX4's are convertible between decocker and safety. Only wrinkle might be the slide mounted safety operates in the opposite direction of 1911 style safety.

I've downsized out of all compact pistols for carry except the PX4 CC and P30SK LEM. The P365 is getting even more range, training, and carry time than those two. Combined with a Wilson Combat grip module the P365 really is the perfect goldilocks carry gun up to and including 17 round magazines now. Also available with a manual safety.

Posts: 354 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a couple P30’s but no SK. I do have one very close though, the P2000SK. It has the Variant that is LEM. Outstanding pistol for carry. Nothing beats the ergos of a cz75 grip though.

Good news is you really can’t go wrong.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a CZ 75 decocker model with box and, papers and 2 mags. That's what I get for walking into my local pawn shop. It will be a dedicated 22 with the Kadet kit. It has been there a while and he knocked it down to 450+tax. There are manual safety versions but you can't beat the classic 75.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SigSentry,

Posts: 3525 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My PCR has become my Kadet mule. Slightly heavier mainspring (still lower than factory) to light off 22’s. Goes to the range with the 9mm upper, slide release, and a couple mags, just in case. Lol

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post