SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody change up their nightstand gun recently?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody change up their nightstand gun recently? Login/Join 
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
No. One pistol. One shotgun.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Same pistol and WML but I decided an AR parked against the nightstand will become the "new normal" (sorry)
Gotta be minute-man ready these days.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Same gun for about 5 years now, P226 TACOPS with 20 round mag and another 20 rounder in the drawer.

Did make some changes to it last year, picked up the P226RX Slide with Romeo1 and replaced the TLR-2 light/laser combo with an Olight PL-2 Valkyrie light

Have, but not yet installed, the GGI flat trigger for it.

It may be only 41 rounds, but that should give me time to get to the AR pistol and its 30 rounder

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No changes in the past 5 years. Glock 41 with TLR-2 plus an extra magazine and 12 gauge pump a few steps away.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wasabi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohioup:
No changes in the past 5 years. Glock 41 with TLR-2 plus an extra magazine and 12 gauge pump a few steps away.

That is an excellent combo. I had the same with a G21 for many years before I went with the G31.

Posts: 731 | Location: Lutz, FL | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

Am I the only one who read this in George Thourogood's voice singing One Bourbon, One Shot and One Beer?? Big Grin

ONE PISTOL, ONE SHOTGUN, ONE BEER!!!

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

Am I the only one who read this in George Thourogood's voice singing One Bourbon, One Shot and One Beer?? Big Grin

ONE PISTOL, ONE SHOTGUN, ONE BEER!!!

Nope.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Ain't nothing wrong with my 870 Wink

^^This^^ The ultimate, unchallenged, home/self defense firearm.

Posts: 636 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JMag
posted Hide Post
No, it’s still a non-railed P226 with 20-round mag.

JMag
"The truth is incontrovertible; malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is." ? Winston Churchill

Posts: 798 | Location: Southeastern U.S. | Registered: March 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still one shotgun with Streamlight TRL-1 and one SW 4006TSW with a Streamlight TRl-7.

I also keep a couple of safes in the bedroom with plenty of back up guns if things get real dicey.

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Changed out my M&P mod 2 compact 9mm with a Sig P229 9mm with E2 grips and TLR4 light.

Posts: 1201 | Location: NC | Registered: February 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Moved from a Timberwolf Glock I built to this:

I’ve got a Galloway Precision Rear Sight Insert on the DPP, a Dawson Front Sight I can co-witness, and Armory Craft Tungsten Rods are on the way, and it also shares time with the Legion Frame with a Talon Grip. I just wish the trigger had a much firmer wall has it’s a little mushy.

Posts: 4181 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to my P320 X-Compact with TLR 7, from the Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS temporarily. Just got a Trijicon RMR installed on the G17 and am waiting for the ranges to open so I can check it over.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No change - still using a 226 with a light and a 870 with a Wilson Combat mag extension. If I need more than that, I’m probably in big trouble.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Not exactly...I keep my G19X with OLight Valkyrie PL-Mini with extended mag and a couple extra loaded mags in my nightstand lockbox all the time, but I also place my EDC (CZ-75 P-01 Omega) next to the bed on a shelf and attach another PL-Mini, and the 2 mags I also EDC. When I carry something other than the P-01, for example my M11-A1, then that would be on the shelf (w/o the light, of course).

IRT to the spare magazines question...

More ammo is always better; kinda like condoms... “I’m only going to take one condom on this date because I probably won’t need any more than that, and I don’t want to carry all those extras” said NO ONE EVER. Razz

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post