SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anybody change up their nightstand gun recently?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody change up their nightstand gun recently? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For a long time my bedside gun was a colt m45A1 with surefire light. While paired with a hand held light, having the surefire light on the gun as well made sense. ( for years it has been my only rail equipped pistol.
I picked up a new gen 5 Glock 19 for free, and it has taken over. 17 rounds ( using a model 17 mag in it) seems better than 10 rounds of 45 with an extended mag.
Oddly the colt had night sights and putting on the light totally washed out the glowing dots, but with the Glock the white dot on the front sight is still visible with the light on.

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife’s bedside is a CZ P01. Wanted to change it out so I could work on the trigger for years. She won’t let me.

I just swapped out mine for a LTT Elite Beretta 92. Complete with XC1 Surefire light.

Posts: 7499 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My bedside gun is a P320/.40sw with an Olight. It has been there since 2015, except for the time I sent it to sig for the upgrade. before then, it had always been a P229/.40 equinox. The P320s in all three calibers are easy to carry and easy to grab and provide safety when something goes bump in the night.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll be that guy.

Seventy-six plus rounds???

You're expecting the Flying Monkeys, aren't you? Wink

Never piss off the WWW. https://youtu.be/yNMJkAJpnpQ

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
OK, I'll be that guy.

Those damn monkeys scared the pee out of me in my youth.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seventy-six plus rounds???]

I challenge you to find someone involved in a shooting / firefight say "Everything went just great, except we just had TOO much ammunition available - all the extra magazines and boolets made it hard to shoot people and get stuff done. Next time I'm not bringing nearly as much along, because this time I only needed three rounds".

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

I challenge you to find someone involved in a shooting / firefight say "Everything went just great, except we just had TOO much ammunition available - all the extra magazines and boolets made it hard to shoot people and get stuff done. Next time I'm not bringing nearly as much along, because this time I only needed three rounds".

Wink

I bet I could find some Coast Guardsman or Fish and wildlife guy SOMEWHERE who fell off the boat during a shooting and was thinking something along those lines as he was sinking. Razz

Seriously though even if you only have 10 round mags and you keep one in the gun and 3 loaded that’s damn near a box of ammo. Keep a two to four modern 9mm standard cap mags loaded and you are easily up towards 70 rounds or so and I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have extra mags loaded, even if your chances are low of ever needing them.

Now if you said you kept 20 mags loaded with 300-400 rounds then.....yeah....maybe a little overkill but who am I to judge or care.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wink

I challenge you to find a documented case of a home invasion wherein the resident
used 76+ rounds to thwart said home invasion that did not involve the WWW and a flock of Flying Monkeys.

Not to mention, the OP did not say where he stows the other 3 loaded magazines when the show starts. Considering that most folks sleep au naturale, or in light pj's with maybe one shallow breast pocket for a Kleenex, I am not sure I want to know. Wink

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flying monkeys. Prison-style storage methods.

This thread has really evolved in a disturbing manner.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wink

I challenge you to find a documented case of a home invasion wherein the resident
used 76+ rounds to thwart said home invasion that did not involve the WWW and a flock of Flying Monkeys.

Not to mention, the OP did not say where he stows the other 3 loaded magazines when the show starts. Considering that most folks sleep au naturale, or in light pj's with maybe one shallow breast pocket for a Kleenex, I am not sure I want to know. Wink

If anyone ever breaks into Jerry Miculek’s house that’ll be one. All the bad guys will hear is a “here we go” and a beep, then brrrrt.

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
And the cops will wonder why the gun has a chamber flag in it when they show up. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Nope. I was planning on a change right before the 'Rona hit, though.

I got my STI right before our asshole governor closed down the range and only got a chance to put 137 rounds through the gun. Not enough to prove it, so same ole 320 that's been on the nightstand for a few years now.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Either a Glock 32 gen 4 or a Sig M11-A1 FDE! I keep going back and forth between the two for concealed carry, and can't make up my mind.

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, I'll be that guy.

The 21 rounders were free, so it would be a shame not to load them up.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. Still rocking the good ol’ 4.5” XDM-45 with a Streamlight TLR-1 HL.

Also a Shockwave with a light and side-saddle in the sock drawer just in case...you know...the thing.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 973 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still a P220ST

Posts: 1924 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

Yes, I changed out my 1911 Commander .45 for my stainless Colt .38 Super AND my Scattergun Tech 14 1/2" entry shotgun w/#4 buckshot.

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoboV
posted Hide Post
My night stand gun has been a gen 2 Glock 19 since hurricane Katrina hit us back in 2005.

I picked up a Walther PPQ with a 5 inch barrel thinking it would replace the Glock but I haven't been to the range enough with it yet.

"Lion Heart is all heart, Smarty Jones is all out!!!"

Posts: 621 | Location: Destrehan, La. U.S. | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
If anyone ever breaks into Jerry Miculek’s house that’ll be one. All the bad guys will hear is a “here we go” and a beep, then brrrrt.[/QUOTE]

^^^^^^
That made me LOL. Best laugh in days.

Posts: 12467 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Nope. I like what I have. I did change from 147gr HST to 135gr Critical Duty because I wanted to. Razz

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post