SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    I MIGHT try a "micro 9" at some point in the near future, opinions sought please and thank you
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I MIGHT try a "micro 9" at some point in the near future, opinions sought please and thank you Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the offer but these days you are no longer a couple hours north of me. Made a move a few years back.

You know how they say you can never have enough ammo? “They” have never moved. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
And that’s how far behind I am.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37118 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not that I really publicized it so you might be behind but not necessarily on that. Smile

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
-Glock 48 ... real rail,

FYI the Glock 48 does not have a rail. You have to buy the Glock 48 MOS model if you want a rail.

As to your question at hand, my honest advice is to buy them all. Then you can make an informed decision.

I'm the biggest Glock fanboy on this planet, and the G43X and G48 are 1000% useless to me. I have tried and tried to find a use for them... and I just cant. I shoot them every other month on average, I like shooting them, but I just cant find a single real world use for the pistols. They are too large in the grip and too low capacity (for its size) for me to consider them for carry. I always go back to the Glock 26 if I want a compact 9MM, and sometimes the Glock 43, which I also prefer over the 43X and 48. For home defense, I would never pick the G43X or G48, and would always pick a Glock 17 or Glock 45.

So, in my opinion, the Glock 43X and Glock 48 are the most useless Glocks sold. Others may find them useful, but I can't.

Now the P365 X Macro, on the other hand... that a fine gun. If you also buy the shorter slide with 3.1 inch barrel, and three different grip module sizes, you can make the gun you need. 17 round, 15 round, 12 round, and 10 round mags available with three different length grips and two different length slides. Im really glad that Sig built this platform out and made it modular. Look at the Macro slide on an XL frame with the 15 round mags. Thats about the same size as the Glock 43X and really shootable.

The Smith Shield is an ok firearm. I like them, but sold them and got out of the platform. I have limited experience with the Springfield, but will try one eventually. I despise the Beretta micro pistols and would avoid them personally.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
No experience with the hellcat. I have a GLOCK 43x and a sig 365 and 365xl with Wilson grip. I carry the 365 in my front pocket. I prefer the 43x over the 365xl when I want something bigger. It just seems more like a “real gun” to me. And it feels like a GLOCK. Very reliable, not that the xl isn’t. The GLOCK just inspired more confidence for me. Also it’s easy to get the 10th round in the GLOCK mag. Not so much with the 12th round in the sig so I go with 11+1 in the sig and 10+1 with the GLOCK so I’m only giving up one round. Also PSA has 15 round mags for the 43x/48 and so far they seem reliable.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7962 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Ruger357,

Believe it or not that is one of the things I am looking at, the mag loading. While there is a part of me that loves that we are able to squeeze half a box of ammo into a Pez dispenser Smile there is also the part of me that can’t help but think we are at the hairy edge of reliability when you need an industrial press to get the last round or two in.

Honesty I have absolutely no need for any of these. It’s just a geek being a geek. I may very well continue to watch from the sidelines as they all seem to have some issue or another at play (however likely or not)

Strangely enough I am kinda drawn to the Masada slim. I’ve handled one and it was fairly impressive and I like the whole it takes CZ mags party trick. It kinda scratches that slightly weird gun gun geek thing in me. The take down sucks however. I mean yeah there is no aftermarket but beyond a holster I really don’t need a huge aftermarket. I mean I have Glocks if I want to play adult Legos. Smile

Like I said I am just sort of doing a little research if you will so when the IWANNANEWGUNITIS strikes I know where I’m going. Smile

posted Hide Post
I went from the PM9 to the P365 and never looked back.

I have One with an SAS slide, an XL with a Holosun, and a third with a LF365 Elite slide.

Recently I have been pocket-carrying the SAS for summer.

I randomly interchange the slides and also what I am carrying. I am currently carrying the SAS and regular grip size grip.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Never thought I would like it (prefer the old school DA/SA Sigs) and bought it for the wife but I quite enjoy shooting the P365 (smallest one). Love the way it feels and operates and can't wait to grab one (or a P365X) for myself.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2271 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
When did a P365 become a "micro"? A micro is a pistol that fits in your pocket in a holster.

I regularly carry a standard P365 in my shorts pocket all summer long.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by ACP1:
When did a P365 become a "micro"? A micro is a pistol that fits in your pocket in a holster.

I regularly carry a standard P365 in my shorts pocket all summer long.

It's definitely doable. The P365 and the Glock 42 are the outer limit of pocketable guns IMO. You need to dress around them a bit -- if your pants are too tight, it's going to be hard to draw.

Posts: 842 | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
For me Glock 26 is much more accurate than a 43. In terms of being useful the 26 answers my needs in Glock world. Best for me a slim 1911 commander.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1566 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post