SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Your 2 handguns...what are they?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your 2 handguns...what are they? Login/Join 
Picture of bcjwriter
posted
If you had to go to only two handguns...what would they be?

For me it would be my Glock 19 and my Sig P365 (or my Glock 26 would also do). The Glock 19 would be the all-around, OWB pistol, for when the proverbial poop hits the fam. The P365 / G26 will be my deep concealment / CCW gun.

I got to go through this exercise this week. My Cannon safe dial died, and I had to make do with my bedside gun (the G19) and the CCW gun I had on me. Between the two I was well taken care of, even using the G19 as my teaching gun at the local police academy (I usually use a P320/M18...). To be fair, I am a 30+ year Glock guy, so I much prefer the G19 to the M18.

Anyway, what's your two guns...

Posts: 1966 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Sig P365 and S&W 65 .357 with 3" barrel. The P365 gives me modularity options. I can put an XL slide on it, or even a Macro Comp slide. I can go to the XL or Macro size grip modules. The S&W gives me 2 calibers and is ultra reliable.

Here's the S&W

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
There are quite a few that I could live with if I had to, but I guess if I got to pick I'd go with my P229 SAS and my S&W 640 Pro. Those are the two I carry the most besides my duty gun, and between the two of them I have a deep concealment option and a viable carry/duty option. The P320 full-size with optic and TLR1 is fine in a duty rig, but it's a bit bulky for off-duty carry.

Posts: 8586 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
P365 and p320. The modularity would give me a bunch of options.

Posts: 1353 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My two would be the Glock 45 9mm and Glock 19. I like that the G45/G17 mags fit the G19 and the holster compatibility is just the icing on the cake. The G45 is a rock star handgun.

I could also roll with my old 2002 Sig Sauer P226 9mm (short extractor, German frame). That's a LE trade that I bought here a few years ago. I really got a great gun at a fantastic price. Reliable as can be.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 and 1911.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16100 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92
Ed Brown Executive Elite

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4620 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
A dozen years ago it would have been P226, and a G26.

Today, it is a G17 with RMR and a P365. The P365 is a bit more scalable than the G26, and the main reason it loses to the P365.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
It would be my WCV Gen 5 Glock 19 and my S&W Model 38 Bodyguard.

If a third was allowed, it would be my spare WCV Gen 5 Glock 19.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of inspcalahan
posted Hide Post
Just two? That's tough... Probably a 686+ and a Colt Cobra 10 shot .22lr. That would cover all the bases for defense, reliability, a caliber you could hunt mid size game with and something for the smaller stuff.

Posts: 824 | Location: Alaska | Registered: April 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P322 and S&W 6906. 2 is really hard though because sentimentality comes into play. Love plinking with the P322. It’s Cheap to shoot and just plain fun. 6906 because I carried it for so long I feel attached to it.
I also have a Colt 45 1911 that I would be hard pressed to give up. It’s just special. My HK VP9 and Sig P230 would be hard too. Truthfully, I have only sold one gun that I have purchased and to this day I regret it. I buy quality guns and keep them forever. It’s truly enjoyable to have different guns to shoot. They are all so unique in their own way.
Now, if your actual question was…If you could buy only 2 more guns, what would they be.
Hk45 Full Size and an Undetermined striker fired .45 cal. Leaning toward a S&W M&P 2.0.

Posts: 72 | Location: Southeast Georgia  | Registered: February 04, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I'm getting older and sadly increasingly more rickety with each passing year, I guess this is where I will have to choose to abandon my daily G23 and return to 9mm as my caliber of reliance. If I have no choice but to survive with only two handguns from this point forward. (grumble, whine)

The first choice is perhaps the easiest one, though in reality it's not that easy a pick: G19. I much prefer shooting my G45 but given my body size I can't conceal that one very well. I carried the G19 before I went to .40 and the G23 for the last 13 years, so going back to the 19 makes a lot of sense, particularly given the 34 years 19/23 use I've had with them. Plus the indentation in my back at the 4:30 spot is already well-conditioned for the compact Glock. Big Grin

The second choice is much harder. My initial inclination is to choose a 'fun' 9mm like my Alien, CZ TS Racing Green or one of my P210s. Or an alternate carry piece like my Shield+, which serves this role already. But mulling it some I think I'd choose something more usable, cheaper to run and I dare say even more practical...likely instead in .22LR. That direction would with a fair bit of difficulty cull the choices to two, both S&Ws: my much modified Victory or my very unmodified M41.

Tough one. Neither offer high capacity, but both are exemplary shooters that can bag small game in a pinch. But since it was a bucket list gun for me, I think I'd give the nod to the 41. Definitely under protest. Wink

-MG

Posts: 2001 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
My G27 and Hellcat

Posts: 3548 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen 3 glock 17 and a ruger mkiv 22

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A Desert Eagle and a P226.

Those two give me access to ten calibers.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig P226 9mm and S&W 27 6inch .357

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
226c in 9mm and Ruger GP-100 in 357

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2013 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For real world use I'd go a Ruger MK IV 22LR and probably a S&W j frame in 38 special.

If we're talking Mad Max, end of the world fighting zombies stuff, I'd take a Glock 17 and a S&W 686 giving me the options of 9mm, 38 special and 357 magnum ammo.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I agree with the OP, my Gen 5 G19, and my P365.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since we are only talking about handguns, from what I own now mine would be the M&P 2.0 4 inch and the basic 365. Maybe a 226 in place of the M&P. All 9mm. I would rely on long guns for other scenarios and needs mentioned.

Posts: 551 | Location: S Fla / Western NC High Country | Registered: May 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post