SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mouse guns anyone?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mouse guns anyone? Login/Join 
Picture of p08
posted
I have been picking these up for a few years when good deal comes along.
For those who don't know from top left. Ortgies, Mauser 1910, Walther M8, Astra Cub, Browning Baby.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I like the look of that little Astra!

I typically like something a little more potent as a carry gun, but these are interesting designs and sometimes anything is better than nothing. It's nowhere near as classy as these, but I recently picked up a KelTec P32, and it fills the mousegun role in my collection nicely (now that it's working reliably). It's a locked-breach handgun that holds 7+1 rounds and weighs less than 7oz unloaded...when you think about it, that's pretty remarkable. It's definitely not perfect. Far from it, in fact. But if the goal is small size and light weight, it's hard to compete with it.

I also have a Beretta 81, so I'm loading .32 now, and I wouldn't pass one of these old pocket pistols up if I saw it in a shop for a good price...if only just for the fun of playing with it.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I have a Baby Browning in the safe. In the safe. I also have a .22 derringer. It's also in the safe. That's where they live. I inherited both, I wouldn't have bought either of them. There were a pair of the derringers, but that made even less sense than just having one of them.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
My two mouse guns are a Beretta Bobcat and Ruger LCR, both .22’s. They are strictly range toys since guns like my 365 exist. It can be fun and rewarding doing rapid ammo dumps in .22LR not to mention eye opening when you get dialed in- a grapefruit sized group at SD distances of Stingers in 2 seconds would be pretty devastating.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

I like the mouse gun as well. Started with a two tone P238 and a stainless Baby Browning clone.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures, do you ever carry them or just for the range?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a CZ45 that was apparently what Mr Seecamp was looking at when he brought out his DAO pocket pistols.

I once read that the Walther Model 8 was popular in Europe because it is a rather large gun, as .25s go. CCW was frowned upon and the only way to get a license to purchase a pistol was for target shooting. So there were pocket pistol shooting matches.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
Nice pictures, do you ever carry them or just for the range?

Never carry them, the Astra is a 22 short and the 25acp would just piss someone off! The Walther is way too valuable to even shoot. They sell in it's condition for $1200 or so. For every day carry I take the Noisy Cricket (NAA mini revolver in .22 mag) or my air weight S&W snubby.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Matched set of Seecamp .32's from I think the 90's. Used to belong to the owner of the LGS. And I just bought a Ruger LCP Max...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
For every day carry I take the Noisy Cricket (NAA mini revolver in .22 mag)

Cool.

I have one of these as well. They are also fun to have in 17 HMR and 17mach2.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Nice collection! I’ve only got a few mouse guns so far. I inherited an F.I.E. Titan .25 ACP from my father (along with several other guns) as well as a Czech Duo .25 ACP from my father-in-law (along with several other guns).

A couple years ago I bought a Beretta Tomcat Inox in .32 ACP. I didn’t “need” it; i just had to have it. It’s an awesome little chunky monkey. Now I have my eye on a threaded barrel Beretta Bobcat in .22LR. Tiny guns are just somehow irresistible.

P08 — Is the Astra Cub the same as the Colt Junior? I recently watched a Sootch00 video where he mentioned the Colt Junior was produced by Astra for Colt. Your Cub looks very much like the Colt Junior he had in his video.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss my Beretta 950BS!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've always wanted a Baby Browning, saw one at a gun show years ago but they wanted a fortune for it.

Mouseguns/pocket pistols are a favorite of mine and my preferred carry method. These are the mouseguns/pocket pistols I've owned and carried since 2007:

Ruger LCP
Keltec P-32
Keltec P3AT
Diamondback DB380
Bersa Thunder 380CC
S&W 442
Kahr CW380
Seecamp .32
NAA Pug .22 Mag
Kahr CM9 (current carry)

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Nice collection. I always liked mouse guns but only own two, a NAA .22 mag and another in .22 short. The .22 short is actually really fun to shoot

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Nice collection of 32s. Maybe someday add a Colt 1903.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1554 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My humble example of a CZ45.

A very cool DA .25 ACP, neat design. Don’t carry it, really only grabbed it when I saw it because they don’t pop up very often over here.

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Mine’s a Walther TPH that’s amazingly accurate with almost any .22LR ammo but kinda picky about what it’s reliable with.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
The Mauser and the Walther look really nice.

Posts: 622 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stylophiles:
My humble example of a CZ45.

A very cool DA .25 ACP, neat design. Don’t carry it, really only grabbed it when I saw it because they don’t pop up very often over here.

Bill R

They are rare, I've never seen one. They were cloned by a US company in the 90's. Forget the brand.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The CZ45 was reintroduced in 2005 as the CZ92, and was in production up until a few years ago. It was available in Europe, but didn't score enough import points on the ATF's rating system to be legally importable into the US.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
They were cloned by a US company in the 90's. Forget the brand.

Intratec (of Tec-9 fame) produced the Protec-25, a cheap pot metal copy of the CZ45. Offered 1991-2000ish.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post