SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mouse guns anyone?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mouse guns anyone? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
one of my favs...

Posts: 194 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p08:
Since we went from tiny little mouse guns to small cal here is a HK4 that I recently bought back from my brother. Sold it to him for $500 years ago and bought it back for the same. (I get him guns at wholesale) so he didn't mind. Calibers are .380, .32 ACP and .22LR will add the .25 ACP when one comes along.

An HK4 with three caliber conversions for 500.00? sweet! Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
ive gotta say thanks to Genorogers for selling me this Beretta Tomcat. He really made purchasing this one a pleasure. great pistol, great price, great person! thank you Gene. sorry bout the terrible pic

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shoot it with great health Tom !

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I recently sold my 32 Tomcat since I couldn't find ammo for it. I just picked up my second Beretta 21A with threaded barrel. I haven't shot it yet, but it just looked cool. The Kahr and Sig 230 rotate for carry purposes.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
im fortunate I guess. I have a lil over 3k rounds of .32 and only three guns to shoot it.. the Tomcat, a 81BB and Walther PP Manhurin. I only have bout 200 rnds of 'defensive' ammo, the rest is ball

Posts: 404 | Registered: October 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I miss that little Beretta Bobcat I used to have. Bought it for Mrs DF way back in the day. Had I known her better then like I do now, I would have gotten her a 357 magnum. Anyway, she didn't like the mouse gun so I sold it. It was a fine gun and easy to carry. No concealed carry back then so I didn't see where it fit in my rotation. After all these years I still plan to get another one.

Posts: 29704 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you look for your Bobcat try and find one made in MD, mine have been flawless. Except for this one, but it's never been fired, a High Polish Inox.

Posts: 934 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Y’all assholes are going to make me buy another Beretta Big Grin

In the meantime, I can’t believe I forgot about this guy, a High Standard Derringer in .22 Mag

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Y’all assholes are going to make me buy another Beretta Big Grin

In the meantime, I can’t believe I forgot about this guy, a High Standard Derringer in .22 Mag

I love anything in 22 MAG....that High Standard is a beauty !

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Now I'm window shopping for Bobcat Berettas......lol

Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Now I'm window shopping for Bobcat Berettas......lol

You can stumble on good buys from time to time on them. I bought my non-threaded for $300 and just picked up the threaded for $400 out the door last week. I would still like to find a stainless version for the collection. Smile

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta Bobcats, 21a variety. I love them, I love most things Beretta, I own a couple. That all is being said to just forewarn you that if you buy one you are basically buying a lottery ticket. You might have a winner and you might just have a used lottery ticket.

They are at best reliable when clean (my experience is 50 rounds and then boresnake) and firing ammo it likes. At worst they are just finicky in general. And if you want it for carry just realize that clearing a malfunction in one of these can be, let’s just say “challenging”. The lack of an extractor means a failure to extract can be as simple as flinging open the pop up barrel and the case flying out or sitting there trying to get one of your fingernails under the rim to get it out.

My inox is one of the better ones. My blued is the other kind. If I feed the blued one ammo it likes (Minimags) and it is clean it’s kind of trustworthy. That’s the best you can say because even if it runs great a bad round of ammo (not uncommon in 22) can leave you fumbling to get firing again.

This all from a guy who loves the Bobcat. This gun just is ready for Beretta to actually address some issues and sell the Bobcat II aka the 21b.

Posts: 7507 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tonelar
posted Hide Post
If .380 counts, I love my 33 yr old Mustang Pocketlite PLUS it's cousin the P238 (which I carry more often).

My other mouse guns are .22LR IJ TP22 & .22short Beretta Minx.

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.

Posts: 702 | Location: El Paso, TEXAS | Registered: March 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

High Standard Derringer in .22 Mag
Have one of those. I fired it a few times, to get a feel for it before carrying it. It started firing one barrel, not firing the other. Took it to a local gunsmith, he found a tiny crack in the frame, not repairable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

High Standard Derringer in .22 Mag
Have one of those. I fired it a few times, to get a feel for it before carrying it. It started firing one barrel, not firing the other. Took it to a local gunsmith, he found a tiny crack in the frame, not repairable.

I’ve only fired mine a few dozen times or so. If I could have found a better holster when I first got it maybe I’d have carried it, but I now have multiple better mouse gun options so it stays in the safe.

I’ve had a few offers on it but it is the only gun that my ex-wife bought me, and we remain good friends, so it’s got a bit of sentimental value.

It’s also the only gun that I fire with my middle finger. It’s awkward to fire with my pointer but extremely comfortable to hold and fire with the middle finger.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love my Beretta 21A loaded with CCI Stingers it works flawlessly it's a great "dog walk" gun and on occasion I carry it at work where deep concealment is needed. I also have a Kel-Tec P32 which is also a flawless functioning gun especially with FMJ ammo (best way to avoid rim lock) I have many more capable caliber handguns but I challenge anyone to take 4-5 shots in the upper chest neck head area and shake it off with either of these pocket pistols. Good luck!

Posts: 460 | Registered: January 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Is there a generally accepted definition of "Mouse gun?"

Maybe "anything that fits in your pocket?" Or "smaller than a xyz?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Is there a generally accepted definition of "Mouse gun?"

Maybe "anything that fits in your pocket?" Or "smaller than a xyz?"

I consider anything that doesn't fill my hands to be a mouse gun. A USP Compact still fills my palm, but a SIG 230/232 leaves part of it hanging. The SIG to me, is a mouse gun. And those tiny NAA mini revolvers? Well, I have one but don't really use it. Too small for my hands.

Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post

Larry Seecamp is my hero!

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post