SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    NEW Glock G49 9MM
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Glock G49 9MM Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Larry Vickers just posted a picture of a G49 Glock 9MM on his social media. Appears to be a cross over pistol with a G19 size frame and G17 size slide.

Real? Or a late joke.

Posts: 6659 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Probably real, but what I'd really like to see is a G19-length slide mated to a G26-length frame with a dustcover extended and configured as a rail, and I imagine Glock will eventually get around to this.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Longer slide, shorter grip.
Exactly what I'd want from the P320, either compact slide & SC grip, or FS slide on a C grip.

Seems more ideal for CCW than the opposite that seems to be more common, with a compact slide on a FS grip.

I'd rather something like this & carry a FS reload.
Still need to get around to picking up a SC grip/mag for my P320 to try it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, great configuration for concealed carry. The grip is the hard part to conceal.

A G19/26 configuration with a rail- to me, that's close to ideal for an end-of-the-world pistol.

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Meh. I’d prefer Paras variation. G19 Slide & G26 grip.

Posts: 13789 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Some shops offer this type of conversion, or because it's a polymer frame, some gun owners have cut the grip themselves. The problem, though is without the arch of the G26 backstrap, a G19 so converted may point low. We need Glock to give us a G26 frame with an extended, railed dustcover, mated to a G19 slide.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
They are bound to make a model for every configuration I suppose.
My favorite is still the commander style G45.

Posts: 10822 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Lone Wolf makes a slide adapter that fills in the dust cover gap.
https://www.lonewolfdist.com/P...64/lwd-slideadapter/

Images borrowed from the internet:

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The most important part is missing- the rail.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Larry Vickers just posted a picture of a G49 Glock 9MM on his social media. Appears to be a cross over pistol with a G19 size frame and G17 size slide.

Real? Or a late joke.

What's up with that grip? Is it deformed or is it just me?
I still love my 19X and I know the grip is the hard part to conceal. I might bite if this is indeed coming out.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's just a shadow.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
What's up with that grip? Is it deformed or is it just me?.

Looks like a standard gen 5 Glock grip to me. Has a flared magwell.

Posts: 6659 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Probably real, but what I'd really like to see is a G19-length slide mated to a G26-length frame with a dustcover extended and configured as a rail, and I imagine Glock will eventually get around to this.

Bingo! I’d buy that immediately.
I’ve kicked around the idea of doing a conversation like that many times, but I really need the 26 bottom end with a longer dust cover and rails to do it the way I want it, no dice so far.

Posts: 3536 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
When everyone was ohhhhing and anything over the 19X and 45, I thought this permutation would make more sense.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of interesting but the 19/26 combination would be the sweet spot.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3500 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the hole in the dust cover to access the front sight? Works great.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 15987 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Since they're playing mix and match, why not do the G26 upper on the G19 lower. That would be ideal for me. The G17 upper on G19 lower really does nothing more than what the G19 can already do.

And no, I don't want the 43X that I have to fork out extra cash for the Shield Arms S15, plus their mag catch.

Q

Posts: 26179 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still no optic cut by default. I get it that not everyone wants an optic but more of the competition are just making 'em that way right out of the box. And customers in general are lapping them up. Regardless of make or model, we've seen that if there's an option for a OR variant, availability being somewhat equal it'll outsell the plain slide version by at least 3:1. Frankly the only reason why we sell more base Gen5 G19s than the MOS version is only because the MOS version has been much harder to obtain. However with the G19, G17 and G45 the MOS versions are asked and requested for by a huge factor. Glock should just give in and cut all G49s for an optic...and THEN not demand such a surcharge for the effort like they do with the MOS pistols.

-MG

Posts: 1920 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember something about this being made for a Fed LE contract, but I might be thinking of something else entirely. Border Patrol maybe?

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Still no optic cut by default. I get it that not everyone wants an optic but more of the competition are just making 'em that way right out of the box. And customers in general are lapping them up. Regardless of make or model, we've seen that if there's an option for a OR variant, availability being somewhat equal it'll outsell the plain slide version by at least 3:1.

I don’t get it. You see 43x and 48 sitting on shelves while it’s minimum $700 to get a 43xMOS.

Posts: 9941 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post