SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    NEW Glock G49 9MM
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Glock G49 9MM Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The nearby LGS today had one in. Didn't look at it though as the next to it in the display case G47 was attracting all of my attention. May have found my next purchase. Smile

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will these be available through the Blue Label program ?

Posts: 1660 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Mine is on the way, Roll Eyes It was shiny and I couldn’t help it. Should be here Monday.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike56:
Will these be available through the Blue Label program ?

My suspicion is that it will not. It is a Talo exclusive gun. I have never seen that done with an entire model before.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Since they're playing mix and match, why not do the G26 upper on the G19 lower. That would be ideal for me. The G17 upper on G19 lower really does nothing more than what the G19 can already do.

And no, I don't want the 43X that I have to fork out extra cash for the Shield Arms S15, plus their mag catch.

I would also love this. A 26X with a railed frame would be perfect, imho.

Posts: 1731 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Got here today.. transferred the Johnny Glock trigger and SRO from a previously carried G19 (that this 49 is replacing). Looking forward to breaking it in. Sorry about the crummy pic.

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
At this point it seems like people are buying anything Glock makes just so they don’t miss a number in their Glock collection Big Grin

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Not in my case, I had my G19 sold to a buddy before I took the SRO off. Before that I had high hopes for a Shadow Systems MR920L..I had to sell it at a loss after going back to SS for repairs as it wouldn’t function reliably. This is finally the Glock I wanted.

quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
At this point it seems like people are buying anything Glock makes just so they don’t miss a number in their Glock collection Big Grin

Picture of Texaspoff
posted Hide Post
I see absolutely no reason for the 49, especially if running optics.

Sight radius is a non issue, and the velocity difference is negligible, and a non issue at combat distances.

I have done a ton of these type chops, 17 to 19 grip length, and they all feel unbalanced.

To each their own, and the G45 made no sense to some, so it's my turn with the 49. Smile

PLus if you have a G47 and a Gen5 19, then there is no need for the 49 since you can roll your own.

The Glock Marketing machine is alive and well.

TXPO

Coldborecustom.com

Posts: 258 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
All the youtube reviewers claim this was the pistol everyone has been asking Glock to make.....maybe 10 years ago. Given the S&W Shield era followed by the Sig P365...and all the micro. I know that people still carry a 'full size' pistol but that number is far less than it was 10 years ago.

Like everything else, Glock is late to the game.

That said, they will sell a buttload of these.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:

You say that like it is a bad thing. Big Grin

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
FYI, my local Cabelas had one in the display case today, so they must have purchased a few from Talo's/Lipsey's or whichever distributor commissioned Glock for this configuration.

Didn't fondle it as I wasn't about to sign in at the podium, just to hold it for two seconds.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I played with one. Far less unwieldy looking and feeling then I had expected. I kinda liked it.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
The long slide version that shares the same magazines of the gun you always carry?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they'll sell a few. Wink

(And probably one to me after the MSRP fuss dies down)

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
FYI, my local Cabelas had one in the display case today, so they must have purchased a few from Talo's/Lipsey's or whichever distributor commissioned Glock for this configuration.

Didn't fondle it as I wasn't about to sign in at the podium, just to hold it for two seconds.

My local BassPro has the G49 in stock. Not sure why I want one but I do.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure why I want one but I do.

Endorphins. Big Grin Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
FYI, G49 Blue labels now exist. I should be picking one up next week.

Posts: 2016 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post