SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    NEW Glock G49 9MM
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NEW Glock G49 9MM Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
why can't Glock?

Sheeeooottt, ya’ll are asking for hybrid 26’s, 19’s, standard MOS models etc. etc. etc. it’s 2022 and I just want standard steel sights instead of those damn dovetail protectors. Not standard night sights, not standard fiber optic sights hell I don’t even care if it’s the steel version of of the basket ball goal stock sights just a set of actual, by God, metal sights. I mean with all that all of you are asking for I don’t feel like my ask is too much Gaston. “Please sir can we have some more???” (Obscure Dickins reference I know). Smile

Baby steps everybody. Baby steps. Razz

Take care, shoot safe.
Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just want standard steel sights

Excellent point. Why doesn't Glock put steel sights on its non night sight models? It would cost more and cut into their profit.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4507 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
A G45 profiled single stack in .45acp with 8-10 round mags would get my money.

Extremely unlikely to happen.

The lackluster market performance of the Glock 36 over the previous two decades since its introduction has already demonstrated to Glock that there's minimal demand for a single stack .45 Glock.

That's because they did it all wrong, with that stupid short grip and six-shot magazine with the thick floorplate. It should have been made G19-sized, with a full length (but slender) grip holding a flush-fit 7-8-round mag.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Because they've gotten away with putting the cheap plastic sights on their guns for decades, and people still buy them. Are people going to pay more for the guns if they switched to metal sights? No.

quote:
Originally posted by sigarms229:
quote:
I just want standard steel sights

Excellent point. Why doesn't Glock put steel sights on its non night sight models? It would cost more and cut into their profit.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
A G45 profiled single stack in .45acp with 8-10 round mags would get my money.

Extremely unlikely to happen.

The lackluster market performance of the Glock 36 over the previous two decades since its introduction has already demonstrated to Glock that there's minimal demand for a single stack .45 Glock.

That's because they did it all wrong, with that stupid short grip and six-shot magazine with the thick floorplate. It should have been made G19-sized, with a full length (but slender) grip holding a flush-fit 7-8-round mag.

Exactly.
Make it a Glock version of a 1911 Commander or P220 Carry.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Yep, Lipsey’s will carry them. I put a request in for one.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's here:

TALO Introduces the Glock G49 MOS to US Market

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
10rd version "allocated" by Lipseys. Probably in the same 'allocation warehouse' as their Marlin 45-70 SBLs and Trappers Roll Eyes...guess I have to call the rep Monday to see if I can get one or two of these Glocks for the shop.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
$745 MSRP? Why?

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Because it’s new and exciting of course! Seems it would be cheaper to get a surplus G17 and chop the grip yourself and have essentially the same effect… without the forward serrations of course.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
$745 MSRP? Why?

The street price should be the same as a G19 MOS or G45 MOS barring any gouging by a dealer, since the actual dealer cost is exactly the same for all three guns. That was the first thing I noticed when I was logged in on Lipseys overnight. Besides, any MSRP is just a suggested number anyhow, in part to let the public know if a dealer is going way overboard on pricing.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
MSRP is high, but dealer cost is the same as all other gen 5, MOS Glocks.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Since they're playing mix and match, why not do the G26 upper on the G19 lower. That would be ideal for me.

I want this so bad. It would be perfect for me. I want a rail on the 26 in some fashion. It's dark half the year up here, I'd love to be able to put the WML on my 26 and go. Ugh. Someday. I wonder if a PSA dagger compact frame would work with a 26 slide?

Posts: 1718 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
So, If I have this right, if you already own an G45, and purchase a 49, you can swap slides and functionally make a 19 Gen 5 and 47. Likewise, if you own a 19 Gen 5 and 47, you can then swap slides to functionally make a G45/49. Who needs a FCU system. LMAO.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
So, If I have this right, if you already own an G45, and purchase a 49, you can swap slides and functionally make a 19 Gen 5 and 47. Likewise, if you own a 19 Gen 5 and 47, you can then swap slides to functionally make a G45/49. Who needs a FCU system. LMAO.

Yes

Compact Frame, Compact Slide: 19
Compact Frame, Full Slide: 49
Full Frame, Compact Slide: 45
Full Frame, Full Slide: 47

Mix and match 19/47 or 49/45 to be able to make them all if you're into that sort of thing.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Or you could have just bought a P320 5 years ago and had all the same configurations and then some this entire time. And you'd only have to remember one model number Razz!

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
In that case, if the 49 ever hits Blue Label, I think I'll need to burn a coupon. To accompany my G45.

Posts: 1997 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
In that case, if the 49 ever hits Blue Label, I think I'll need to burn a coupon. To accompany my G45.

It'll be curious to see if that happens. The 49 is a Talo exclusive, which I'm assuming means that Talo fronted the production costs, presumably because Glock was not otherwise going to. So long term, if the 49 is a commercial success, how long does Talo "own" the exclusive rights?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 49 is a Talo exclusive, which I'm assuming means that Talo fronted the production costs, presumably because Glock was not otherwise going to.

Aside from rollmarking a '9' instead of a '7' into the slide for the model number and maybe clearing some space in the assembly line, there isn't much 'cost' to making these. Truth be told the G49 is a quintessential example of a parts bin special. Anyone who already has a G47 and a Gen5 G19 frame can essentially recreate one.

I fooled around with one of the G49s that the distributor sent to us and quite frankly wasn't particularly impressed, but then I'm not a fan of how pronounced the backstrap hump on the Gen5 compact frame feels compared to earlier generations of G19s, G23s, etc. Maybe it will sell, but to who I'm not sure.

-MG

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
Aside from rollmarking a '9' instead of a '7' into the slide for the model number and maybe clearing some space in the assembly line, there isn't much 'cost' to making these. Truth be told the G49 is a quintessential example of a parts bin special. Anyone who already has a G47 and a Gen5 G19 frame can essentially recreate one.

That may be true, but I have neither the 47 or 19 Gen 5. What I do have is the 45. So in order to have essentially the same combo as a 19/47, I simply need purchase the 49.