SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Customer service at Glock, Smyrna
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Customer service at Glock, Smyrna Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted
Unfortunately, a piece broke off the backstrap of my prized 2nd gen Glock 19. I have no idea how this happened as I have never dropped it.

In speaking with Glock, I was told I could bring it down and they would replace the frame with a 3rd gen frame. I was told it would only take about an hour and a half. I was just curious if anyone has actually gone there and had service done there in Smyrna. The wife and I love driving and it is only about 3.5 hours away.

I hate that I have to do it but the piece that magically fell off is a decent size and I am more concerned about the function of the weapon as I carry it daily.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107746 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Bring your mags. They will swap them out for new mags or at least rebuild them with new springs.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Blue Machine
Picture of Phred
posted Hide Post
I’ve taken several guns there in the past for night sights, they took great care of me and had me on my way in no time. If you’re close enough to drive there, I’d say it’s definitely worth it.

Posts: 1627 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's in a nice business park not too far off of I-285. Everyone will treat you nice, from the guard at the front gate, to the receptionist, to the tech that makes the swap for you. I've been visiting that facility at intervals since the early 1990s. I've never had a bad experience there, always walked out satisfied.

Posts: 107746 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Go for it!

Posts: 13819 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's in a nice business park not too far off of I-285. Everyone will treat you nice, from the guard at the front gate, to the receptionist, to the tech that makes the swap for you. I've been visiting that facility at intervals since the early 1990s. I've never had a bad experience there, always walked out satisfied.

That's a glowing endorsement, for sure.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15383 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They do have he best C.S. of any gun manufacturer I have dealt with.

Posts: 6910 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great customer service, lived around the corner from the Smyrna factory for 22 years till I moved back to Florida 3 years ago. You usually have to be there before 2pm. Call before and make sure they aren’t closed for a holiday or some convention show. Had my friends Gen2 frame traded in for a gen3, no charge. The frames they have in inventory will have a different serial number. If you want the same original serial number, they have to order it but it will have a different prefix or endfix denoting a replacement frame as they cannot “reissue” the exact same serial number.

Posts: 270 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Excellent news.
Thank you all. We will make a long day trip of it with our dog.

Another reason this place is my first stop with my coffee in the morning.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1853 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depending on traffic, it might be a lot longer day than you have planned. In all seriousness, try and avoid the Atlanta morning and afternoon rush hours.

I’ll give another A+ endorsement for the folks at Glock. They installed some night sights on two pistols for what I remember being a very reasonable price. They also replaced my magazines at no charge.

Adventure Outdoors is right down the road and worth visiting if time allows.

https://www.adventureoutdoors.us/

Posts: 239 | Location: GA. | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Don’t know if this counts but I called Glock’s customer service as the case that came with my 44 was missing a latch. I asked to purchase one and the CSR said that they didn’t have those for sale but he would send me one.

Week later the latch arrived. A small thing but regardless they took care of what I needed.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8139 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
What others have said. I had a G27 that went kaboom @ Cockatoo Farms on a day shoot years ago. Old over charged factory JHP.

They striped it down scoped the barrel, replaced all springs, extractors, etc all free of charge. Gave me x2 new mags to take home with it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8857 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've sent two guns to Glock for factory service and they turned them around more quickly than my distributor rep got back to me.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post