SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    High capacity pistol in 357Sig
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High capacity pistol in 357Sig Login/Join 
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Unlike a SIG P229, SIG P226's all use the same locking insert across the various caliber choices.

"Forgot to add. P226 is a fine option. I have one in 9mm."

Put a WTB ad in the Classified section, source a P226 slide in .40 S & W, then add a .357 SIG barrel.
Now you have a P226 in 9mm, .40, and .357 SIG all in the same P226 you already own.

I have several P226 pistols configured for all three calibers. They work great!

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1573 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
A Glock G31 would be a great choice.

Any reason why these Glock OEM 22 round .40 magazines won't work with 357 SIG?

That’s strange. So I know Glock has had multiple iterations of the .357 SIG magazines. Some of them had different followers than the .40 mags and on some, even the metal frame was narrower at the front to hug the narrower case mouth of .357 SIG. But the end result was that magazines marked “.40” could always take both (whereas some .357 mags could only take .357).

Formerly known as tigerbloodwinning

Posts: 421 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmm... Kagwerks makes the extended release for single stack Glocks as well as double stack. I will try one on my 48.
Thanks, Chowser!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16379 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
You'll have to verify that. It would seem that magazines for .40 should work with 357 and vice versa, but you never know.

If I were you, tomorrow morning I would call Glock at 770-432-1202 and ask for technical support. They should be able to tell you to a certainty.

Either way, with the Glock OEM magazine extension, you can get 16 rounds in a 15 round factory magazine.

For what it's worth I have been shooting 357 SIG out of Glock 22 magazines without issue for a few years now. This is with factory and Dawson Precision and Armanov extended base pads. Glock sells a unique 357SIG follower but I never had to resort to it.
Of course, Glock customer service is the real deal answer as you mention.

Posts: 1795 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My primary carry has been a P226R in .357SIG since I was old enough to carry. 13+1 isn't bad at all, and that is just with flush-fit factory mags, not extended. I've just never been a fan of how the Glock grip feels, but there's nothing at all wrong with going that direction.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a CZ Custom A01-LD in 357 Sig. Holds 18 rounds, I believe.

This link shows the 40S&aw pistol, but it’s a custom gun and it’s available in 357.
https://czcustom.com/a01-ld-ltd-sa-40s-w.html

Gun is an incredible shooter and very little recoil due to its empty weight of 53oz.

Posts: 1344 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Gen 4 Glock 33 does not play well with .40 mags. Not sure if it is just my gun or maybe related to the compacts but FYI.

Posts: 826 | Registered: February 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:

This link shows the 40S&aw pistol, but it’s a custom gun and it’s available in 357.

Gun is an incredible shooter and very little recoil due to its empty weight of 53oz.
Way to pretty for what I want. I plan on using and abusing this gun. That looks like something you would put in a curio cabinet next to a crystal vase Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 400 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to switch out the magazine followers on your 22 round .40 cal magazines

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/1593

Did you call Glock?

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:
quote:
Originally posted by bac1023:

Way to pretty for what I want. I plan on using and abusing this gun. That looks like something you would put in a curio cabinet next to a crystal vase Big Grin
It’s a competition pistol, meant to be used hard.

Certainly pretty though. I’ve got a couple in 9mm also.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 1344 | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock is one of the few who do dedicated mags for 357 v 40. The 357 has a bit of a dimple to support the nose of the round I suppose. I have a G32 (357 in the "G19 size") and barrels/mags to shoot 9mm and .40. Did that ages ago when Obama came in and was worried about ammo scarcity. I've shot 357 from the 40 mags no issues. Glock does tweak the followers now and then or at least used to (you can see a tiny revision number on the follower I think near where the booger that hits the slide catch is) and mine are all obviously a bit older now so don't take this as gospel since more recent versions may not play nice.

Posts: 2220 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It appears the followers I linked to at MGW are marked with a "5".

Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I shot a buddy's Glock 32c a few years ago now. Boy that pistol was nice to shoot in that caliber. Off and on I look to find one of my own. Wish Glock would make a run of 31c and 32c models.

I saw some new "c" models before Christmas '23 but IIRC they were only 17c 19c. I need to swing by that shop again and poke around...

Posts: 3533 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Some fellow member here sold me a Glock 32C a few years ago to go with my TNW / ASR pistol that are both concealed in my work van in case I turn a corner and am accosted by the commie hoards....
It would be interested to shoot that pistol with compensated barrel at night but my gun club does not allow it.

My ride along companions:

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't forget to switch out the magazine followers on your 22 round .40 cal magazines

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/1593

Did you call Glock?

I did but they are only open 8-4:30 so haven’t spoke to anyone yet. Been super busy at work. I bought 2 of the 22 rnd mags based on replys. Worse case i can sell them in the classified section if they don’t work. I’ll grab a few followers as you suggest.

Posts: 400 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
last time i checked, the .40 #10 and 357 #4 followers were very very close in design.
That was a few years ago.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8153 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
The P250 is also found in .357 SIG. I carry one daily.

And if it's for backpacking, you might prefer one of the polymer options rather than something heavier like a P226 or P229.

quote:
Originally posted by Citadel:
I have the 226, 229, 239 ad 320 all in .40 and .357. I carried the and was issued the .40 on the job but purchased the .357 barrels as backup. I started with a case of ammo per caliber and managed to get to a case per gun. Per the advice of this board. Mostly Gold Dot and Lawman load ball. I have shot all but the 320 in .357.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6129 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kinda lucked into a like new but used G31 at a great price. Probably the best bargain that I ever bought in a gun. I really like it. I would highly recommend one.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Picked up the G31. Did a function test with the mags. Will shoot it this weekend. Pretty excited

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
DID YOU CHANGE THE FOLLOWERS?

I mean- Did you change the followers?