SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    High capacity pistol in 357Sig
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High capacity pistol in 357Sig Login/Join 
Picture of D4Heavy
posted
I am wanting a high capacity 357 sig pistol. I have a P239 and love it but 7 rounds are a little lacking.(I have a 9mm and 40 barrel for my 239)

I love the look of the P229 Scorpion but best I can tell it’s not made anymore and somewhat rare. I was thinking of getting a 320 Xcarry and buying a 357 sig x change kit for it. Do they make a 320 in 357 sig that is full size?

I was also thinking of getting a P226 in 357 sig but all I can find is police trade ins. Is this my only option?

I’m hoping someone has been down this road and can give me some advice.

Which pistol did you choose for high capacity 357sig and why?

Posts: 400 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Like my p239, it takes all 3 factory barrels. Just 12 rounds but easy to carry. Cool

Posts: 3595 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Glock 31 gen4 is not on your list to try?

I just bought my issued gen4 31 gun back last year. It has served me well. I moved the RMR to my current duty weapon when I bought it back. It works great with just night sights.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8153 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A Glock G31 would be a great choice.

Any reason why these Glock OEM 22 round .40 magazines won't work with 357 SIG?

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Glock 31 gen4 is not on your list to try?

It was not but is now! Is the G31 gen 4 still made new? I’ll do some reading. Also, If the magazine Para suggest is an option then wowzers! 22rnds

Posts: 400 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You'll have to verify that. It would seem that magazines for .40 should work with 357 and vice versa, but you never know.

If I were you, tomorrow morning I would call Glock at 770-432-1202 and ask for technical support. They should be able to tell you to a certainty.

Either way, with the Glock OEM magazine extension, you can get 16 rounds in a 15 round factory magazine.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have had the OEM 22rd mag loaded with 357 ammo since they first released. We have had no issues using them. I used to keep two 22rd mags in my duty bag just in case.

We only had one issue with our 31s and that was a locking block pin breaking, but that guy was past 7000 rds without changing his recoil spring assembly at all.

Glock still has the 357 gen4 and gen3 listed on their website. One of my carry guns is my old gen3 32.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8153 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Normally, I don't care for gen4 Glocks, but in the case of the 357 SIG chambering, I'd choose the gen4 over the gen3, and only because of the RSA.

posted Hide Post
Chowser:
Who made the slide release on your Glock? Any issues with racking the slide with the high mounted release?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16379 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I have a NP3'ed P226R in .357SIG with some of the large Mecgar mags and it holds plenty of rounds, I think 18+1. It's heavy, but fine for OC on the bike.

Posts: 3685 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I had the Glock 32 in 357 sig and it hurt my hand enough that I sold it, not sure why it was so brutal, also had the sig 229 in .357 sig and really liked it lot easier on the hands my guess was the overall weight or maybe the stainless frame.

Posts: 5677 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Chowser:
Who made the slide release on your Glock? Any issues with racking the slide with the high mounted release?

Kagwerks. I have it on my gen5 guns as well.
It solved my issue of premature slide lock because of my grip.

Not minority enough!

Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I've got a 31 and if any one wants to loan me one of the super high capacity 40 cal mags I'll try it out with 357 Sigs....

I've also got a 32c and it is a tad 'robust' to shoot.

Chowser, I have a friend that had the same problem on his Glock, premature slide lock.... in fact we were at a four day class and none of the instructors or the gun smith could figure it out but I actually did one night just wracking his slide and the lock seemed too easy to push up to me. So, I'll ask the same question XLT did... where did you get that extended higher slide lock lever?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I was at a red dot instructor school when our chief forced red dots on us and I kept having premature slide lock. The instructor handed me his Glock with the kagwerks lever and it solved my issue. I bought one for my 31 and one for my 45. When work switched us all over to the 45MOS-5, I ordered another one.

https://kagwerks.shop/collections/slide-release

Not minority enough!

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
P320C for me. May only be 13+1 but I enjoy it.

But, with the lack of local off-the-shelf availability [and the exorbitant pricing, $62/50rds FMJ] I've been considering going back to 9mm & having a single common caliber for my centerfire pistols.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15977 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Chowser... Going to pass it on to my Glock buddy.

To back track and go 'old School'. the original question contained this statement:

"I have a P239 and love it but 7 rounds are a little lacking."

Taking that into account there is really only one answer in my opinion..... Sig P226.

D4Heavy, Depending on what type of grips are on your current P239... it will matter what you have on the P226 for the best feel. But the real point is if you like DA/SA decock only, with no little flippy thing on the side you have to turn off to shoot itor the bizarre double triggers on some pistols.... the Sig DA/SA is the way to go. But then I'm prejudice that way.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
I have the 226, 229, 239 ad 320 all in .40 and .357. I carried the and was issued the .40 on the job but purchased the .357 barrels as backup. I started with a case of ammo per caliber and managed to get to a case per gun. Per the advice of this board. Mostly Gold Dot and Lawman load ball. I have shot all but the 320 in .357.

Posts: 839 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the feedback. This high capacity 357sig will be my backpack/truck gun. Not planning on conceal carrying it. Back when I bought my 239, I stacked rounds deep. Both loaded and mats for loading so I have plenty of ammo. 357 sig is what got me into reloading as well as 300 blackout. This was years ago before the ammo dried up. I love shooting the 239 in 357 sig and it has the hogue rubber grips. My hands are xtra large size so it fits my hands well.

Think I want to explore the Glock 31. Seems there are so many more custom options, mags and support for them. Looks like they make a 31rd mag as well.

Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Forgot to add. P226 is a fine option. I have one in 9mm. All I can find is police trade in's for 357sig. I’m not above trade ins but I would want to replace springs and internals right?

Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
You can send a newly purchased LE trade in pistol back to SIG.
They will replace all of the springs, any worn small parts, and even add new night sights.
All for a reasonable price.

https://www.sigsauer.com/sig-s...ervices-and-upgrades

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1573 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post