SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    High capacity pistol in 357Sig
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High capacity pistol in 357Sig Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Damn Para that Safepacker holster is what I've been looking for for a while.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blume9mm,

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Surefire is my go to
Energizer makes great CR123A’s
Battery Stations house brand are decent
Streamlight branded are decent.

Duracell in my experience is kinda trash.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7864 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
For CR123, I recommend and use Surefire brand batteries only, no second choice.

For holsters, there are lots of kydex options for that combo, but that's a lot of hardware to hang off of a belt.

If you would consider a Wilderness Safepacker, you can carry your pistol and WML plus a spare magazine, and if the 22 round .40/357 mag is no longer than the 24 round 9mm extended mag, you can fit one of those in the spare mag slot of this holster.

Shown is my Wilderness Safepacker Government +1"-size with my gen5 G17 (with an OEM +2 mag extension), Surefire X300U-A and a 24 round spare mag. All of this fits perfectly in this holster.

You can carry this holster in your hand for a fast draw, you can wear it with a shoulder strap, and you can attach it to your seat belt for when your carjacking friends show up. You can even wear it on your belt and there's a Hiker/Mountain Biker Pack to which you can attach this holster. Very versatile.

Well, that’s exactly what I’m looking for. I’ll get one ordered. Will get the hiker belt setup as well when I want to go backpacking.

So what is the rough stipple looking texture on your G17?

Posts: 400 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D4Heavy:
So what is the rough stipple looking texture on your G17?
Talon Grips The granulate texture.

From Wilderness you'll want the shoulder strap as well. One inch (A bit too narrow for that holser and pistol, though I use one of these for my G19 Safepacker) or the MUSS (which is an inch and a half). They used to sell a plain 1.5" strap, which is what you see in my pic, but I wonder if it's discontinued. I can't find it on their site, but the site is kinda clunky. Either way, you will want a strap.

**edit**

Oh, I see. The plain 1.5" strap is out of stock. One more thing- when you order the holster, the form asks you if you want a "short-slide spacer". You'll want to get this. This piece of high-density foam sits at the bottom of the holster pocket. Because the light extends past the muzzle, you will cut this spacer with a razor blade or an X-acto knife so that the muzzle of the pistol is supported, rather than the WML bearing the weight of the pistol. Cut the spacer so that the muzzle of the pistol sits on it, and the part you cut off of the spacer is where the light sits all the way at the bottom of the holster. You'll see what I mean when you get the rig.

The Safepacker has a hidden pocket in the lid, where you can conceal things which are flat- a few bills of currency, a credit card, a spare key or two etc.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I'm probably gonna wait until my government check comes in... I'm hopeful.. Social Security stopped paying me almost a year ago because my wife's ex-accountant made a mistake on my 2021 tax return that I did not catch... I've now sent SS documentation of the correction a 3rd Time...

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Went to the range and put about 200 rounds through the G31. Great shooter. Wife shot it as well with reduced loads. Was very controllable even with my hot loads. The Surefire should be in Monday that should help hold the muzzle down. Got the followers changed with the GTUL on the 22rdrs. That was a PITA. Tool made it easy. Spring made it hard. Shot it across the room a few times lol..

Let’s keep going. Suggestions for sights? Stock aren’t bad but bet there are better ones out there.

Oh forgot to ask. All I need is a 40cal barrel and follower swap in the mags to shoot 40 cal right?

Posts: 400 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
My G17, 19 and 26 Glocks all wear Trijicon Bright & Tough GL01 green/green

You can get fancier night sights, but to me, this is all you need. Love 'em.
quote:
All I need is a 40cal barrel and follower swap in the mags to shoot 40 cal right?
Well, maybe not. The trigger mechanism housing.

Glock Trigger Mechanism Housing w/ Ejector Marked 30499, .357 SIG (Gen4)

Glock Trigger Mechanism Housing w/ Ejector Marked 28926, .40 S&W (Gen4)

Different ejectors. I wouldn't have guessed this. You wouldn't think there would be a difference in the ejectors for case heads of the same diameter, but there it is.

Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
That’s a bummer. Barrel swap in 40 would have been a great option. No biggie, I have lots of 357sig I can shoot.

Any spare/backup parts I should get? I know Glocks are built very well but I don’t know inner workings at all. I have 3 15rd mags and 2 of the 22rndrs. Glock mags are abundant and cheap compared to Sig.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Swapping a trigger housing in a Glock is nothing. With a bit of practice, you can break a Glock down to nothing in less than two minutes with a pin punch.

For a spare trigger housing to keep at the ready, install a connector and trigger spring. The housing is then ready to have the trigger inserted and be installed in the frame.

Pop out the installed housing (involves removing the housing pin, locking block, locking block pin and slide stop), connect the trigger bar to the trigger spring of the new housing, install the new housing with the attached trigger. Reinstall the locking block, slide stop, locking block pin and housing pin.

Spare parts? Don't think only about what might break. Think about what you might lose when you detail strip your pistol.

Pins and springs, a complete striker assembly- striker, striker spring, cups, sleeve. Oh, and an extractor, of course.

You can look here as well.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, how did all this work out for you?