SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Finally Converting my P226
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally Converting my P226 Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^^ no worries at all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MikeinNC,

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11295 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
From a practical standpoint I think we would all agree that it is better to carry (but never need) 40 cal or 357 sig but it sure is cheeper to practice with 9mm.

As for weights...

P226 slide in 9mm with barrel and recoil spring and rod: 1 0.3 lbs
P226 slide in 357 with barrel and recoil spring and rod: 1 1.3 lbs
I have one 9mm slide that is heavier and this is because the guide rod is heavier.
Also the 9mm Legion slides are slightly heavier in both calibers...(.6 oz) go figure.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have only one 226 and it is in 9mm. I have been kind of looking for a .40 226, with the idea of purchasing an additional .357 Sig barrel. I already went the BarSto route for a 239 and was not happy with the results.

I guess the question is, ?could one get a Sig 226 slide & barrel in either .40 or .357 Sig and run it on the 226 9mm frame.

Posts: 75 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: August 30, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Devereaux:
I have only one 226 and it is in 9mm. I have been kind of looking for a .40 226, with the idea of purchasing an additional .357 Sig barrel. I already went the BarSto route for a 239 and was not happy with the results.

I guess the question is, ?could one get a Sig 226 slide & barrel in either .40 or .357 Sig and run it on the 226 9mm frame.

Yes, you can use a complete 357/40 slide on your P226 9mm frame. Unfortunately they are no longer available brand new from Sig, but they can found used.
I actually have spare slides for my multi caliber weapons. It just makes it so much easier to have a dedicated slide for each barrel.

Posts: 160 | Location: Long Island, NY | Registered: December 19, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post