SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    14 Years on SigForum, Here's What I've Learned
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

14 Years on SigForum, Here's What I've Learned Login/Join 
Banned for public stupidity
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your anniversary. Here is one thing I learned. This forum has a lot of info but it is scattered. You run into the info nore by accident than by looking for it.

Case in point this child board is for SIG pistols. Is this thread abuot Sig pistols...nope. Neither are the Glock owners who just bought another or the guy looking for a holster for a Glock.. If I owned this site a review of the various sub forums would be in order and more effective moderation. Love my SIGs but neither SIG forum does the pistol or brand proud.

Take Care

Bob

Posts: 33 | Location: Terrace, B.C. Canada | Registered: April 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post

Posts: 808 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robertbank:
more effective moderation. Love my SIGs but neither SIG forum does the pistol or brand proud.

Roll Eyes Eek

How have you been here since 2004?! "More effective moderation?" Wow.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted Hide Post
The Superiority of Wipes over toilet paper.....Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I owned this site a review of the various sub forums would be in order and more effective moderation.
Well, you don't own this place. Hell, you're not even a member any more. I banned your rude ass less than an hour and a half after you made your stupid remarks. Isn't that efficient enough?

See ya, douche bag.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poof! Now you see it...now you don't.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To paraphrase:
Rule 1 - Don't BLEEP with the moderators!
Rule 2 - Don't BLEEP with the moderators!
Rules 3-11 - Don't...Well, you guessed it

The unwritten rule - This forum provides great information and rationale to purchase all of those firearms you never thought you would buy.

Posts: 468 | Location: suwanee, ga | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Wow, and he registered in April 2004 Eek

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10932 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great post … The OP did a great job of putting together some bullet points that generate thought and conversation.

I had a Gen 4 Glock 19 and sold it to my son. Great gun. Accurate and reliable. But I just could not get to liking it. Sold it to my son and bought a SIG P225. Doubt I get another Glock … just not right with me.

Not sure about #3 … DA/SA pistols have been around since the 1930’s (?) and improved on in the late 70’s with the “SIG SAUER System”.

As to the small hands and the DA/SA pull … I found that the Sig Slim Grips were a huge help. And I took “Q’s” sage advice and sent my SIG P220 to Robert Burke who worked his magic on it. Gun shot great before and now it is amazing. Burke perfected the DA/SA. Will be sending my P225 to him shortly.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
If I owned this site a review of the various sub forums would be in order and more effective moderation.
Well, you don't own this place. Hell, you're not even a member any more. I banned your rude ass less than an hour and a half after you made your stupid remarks. Isn't that efficient enough?

See ya, douche bag.

Thank you Parabellum for keeping this forum from turning into a shrill, name calling place where the moderators must babysit so-called “adults”. Well done sir.

Posts: 499 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: March 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all due respect . . .

#1. Nah. Ain't gonna happen. Hate the ergonomics.
#2. Maybe. Don't really feel the itch right now. But . . . maybe.
#3. Don't care. Love my DA/SA SIG's.

Posts: 603 | Registered: December 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of awa762
posted Hide Post
I can't help but agree with most of your 11 conclusions! Especially re: Glocks. Started out with the Sig coolaid, then when I realized how damn well I could shoot with the Glocks, they multiplied.

Except...

I don't own a 1911 and don't think I ever will. Just not enough capacity and they're too finicy.

I agree with the Classics.. but they're still special guns, and they're solid. They're just too expensive for what they are. I'll still never part with mine.

I Still Love My .40s! Still carry a Glock 22 Gen 4 as EDC concealed. Love the extra power and momentum of the cartridge. Yes, 9mm is a well refined zipper of a round, but I'm still loving the .40 and see no reason to forsake it. I carry police trade in pistols that are in very good to excellent condition, depending on which one. I can sweat all over them, I can dare them to rust, I can throw them into a dirt pile at the range just for the fun of it, and I can VERILY consider them my working guns, because they are just that. .40 Glocks are damn good tools, with great power, great capacity, and excellent reliability. No 9mm can take their place. They are true grit firearms, and I love them.

Sig forum probably has the most intelligent and sophisticated forum members around. There really isn't another forum like this one. Glad to be here and to be a part of this community.

Join and Support the NRA

Posts: 180 | Location: Greater New Orleans Area... see us on the news??? | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by awa762:
Sig forum probably has the most intelligent and sophisticated forum members around. There really isn't another forum like this one. Glad to be here and to be a part of this community.

Gotta agree with this. An increasing rarity in the online world.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by awa762:

Gotta agree with this. An increasing rarity in the online world.

Yes indeed. Members here have fantastic content they share. And (again) kudos to the moderation keeping this forum from getting like others.