SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's the weirdest, rarest, most valuable, or seldom seen pistol you own? - Please include pictures!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the weirdest, rarest, most valuable, or seldom seen pistol you own? - Please include pictures! Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here are the photos from YooperSigs. He says:

quote:
For Smith revolver guys, you know the Model 65 is produced in stainless steel. My Model 65-5 is a factory blue over stainless. Never saw another like it. If anyone has any info on it, it would be welcome!

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amsmith281:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This electroless nickel (EN) P225 is the only confirmed factory nickel P225 I've ever seen. To top that off, it has no import marking. Nor does it have country of origin marking. Eek

Q, does this have the date code? I'm trying to narrow down the JF range from our list. So looking to narrow further between these:

M540-XXX-JE-1984-Tysons Corner = Thanks to rappa
M553-XXX-JG-1986-PW Arms = Thanks to C-Dubs

JG

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
S&W Pre Model 14 made in 1952

A S&W Flat Latch Baby Chief made in 1952

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not too common S&W model 547; 9mm with unique extractor system.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 1955 Target 45 ACP All orginal paper work.

S&W model 845 PC 45 ACP

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eternal24k
posted Hide Post
Really not weird, and not that rare by many standards, but rare for me:

All Stainless P226SL

And Manurhin MR73

Posts: 2000 | Location: Passing all 4s on 2 | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So many pretty shiny things. Keep them coming.

I don't usually like wheel guns or own one, but wow some of these are absolutely gorgeous.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
S&W Model 19 3", only a few were made for the CA DOJ, back in the day. (I'm 100% sure I put back the grip screw.) Eek ninety nine percent (99%) of all the model 19 you see are the 4" or 2.5" bbl. variety.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
So many pretty shiny things. Keep them coming.

I don't usually like wheel guns or own one, but wow some of these are absolutely gorgeous.

Not even one?? S&W 66 3" Oh yeah!!

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last one...these Model F (ported) while not rare, you don't see them around so much like before.

posted Hide Post
Ruger P90 dc
http://picturearchive.gunaucti...2.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

any one else here have one?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Upper right corner, 610 no dash.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Ruger P90 dc
http://picturearchive.gunaucti...2.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

any one else here have one?

Yes, one of Ruger's best, as far as I'm concerned.
Pic is mine, but the gun now belongs to another member. Cool

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Not too common S&W model 547; 9mm with unique extractor system.

That is nice, a handy no-frills revolver in 9mm!

Loaded with hot 9mm, would make a nice SD gun for some. Does the extractor work reliably?

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
Loaded with hot 9mm, would make a nice SD gun for some. Does the extractor work reliably?

I never gave the gun a heavy workout, but the extractors consist of leaf springs that press into the extractor grooves and push the cartridges out. In my limited shooting I never experienced any problems and one article I read at the time said that S&W claimed they would shear through the case rim before breaking. Because the gun wasn’t designed to use moon clips, conventional speedloaders could be used, and I even have a couple that were designed for the revolver.

The 547 had some unusual features such as beryllium copper hammer pivot pin and extractor star (the color in the photo is correct). As may be noted, the hammer is somewhat bobbed, and that was reportedly because there was a tendency for the hammer to kick back during recoil. The firing pin is frame mounted unlike the hammer mounted firing pins of the era and there’s a separate “plunger” in the frame under the firing pin that leaves a distinctive mark on the case heads. I never saw an explanation of its purpose, but I suspect it’s to help prevent the cases from backing out and tying up the cylinder.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:

I never gave the gun a heavy workout, but the extractors consist of leaf springs that press into the extractor grooves and push the cartridges out. In my limited shooting I never experienced any problems and one article I read at the time said that S&W claimed they would shear through the case rim before breaking. Because the gun wasn’t designed to use moon clips, conventional speedloaders could be used, and I even have a couple that were designed for the revolver.

The 547 had some unusual features such as beryllium copper hammer pivot pin and extractor star (the color in the photo is correct). As may be noted, the hammer is somewhat bobbed, and that was reportedly because there was a tendency for the hammer to kick back during recoil. The firing pin is frame mounted unlike the hammer mounted firing pins of the era and there’s a separate “plunger” in the frame under the firing pin that leaves a distinctive mark on the case heads. I never saw an explanation of its purpose, but I suspect it’s to help prevent the cases from backing out and tying up the cylinder.

Thanks sigfreund, really interesting. So I located a link for those who may be interested in a little history of this particular gun.

http://www.vintagepistols.com/..._report_s&w_547.html

The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
I don't have anything weird. And probably the rarest would be a M&P Pro with custom Barsto barrels done up by Apex, but now that Apex is doing their own barrels it doesn't stick out too much.

But the most expensive that is easy, my open guns are the most expensive. The prices, well lets just say they are very expensive. But such is life.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blindref:
I've got a few seldom seen guns, mostly S&W revolvers and a couple of Sigs.

P226 Sport

P226 factory nickel "KB" date coded

P226 NSW

All three caliber BDA's

Sequentially numbered, unfired P220-1 9mm's

P228 factory nickel "KB" date code

S&W Registered Magnum #274 4" barrel from July 1935

S&W Registered Magnum #3270 4.5" barrel from November 1937

S&W 38-44 Outdoorsman from February 1932

S&W 38-44 Outdoorsman with King Sights from October 1939

S&W 38-44 Heavy Duty 4" barrel April 1941. 1 of 29 known

S&W 38-44 Heavy Duty 6.5" barrel December 1938. 1 of 16 known

WONDERFUL S&W revolvers! Thanks so much for sharing....great pics too.

Posts: 148 | Registered: June 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1984 Beretta 92SB compact in factory box, looks to be unfired.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Sharps 1874 Sporting Rifle (Sorry, not exactly a pistol Cool)

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post