SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's the weirdest, rarest, most valuable, or seldom seen pistol you own? - Please include pictures!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the weirdest, rarest, most valuable, or seldom seen pistol you own? - Please include pictures! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 433 | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tonydisab:
Here's a photo of my Sig P239 9mm with a safety on the rail. I've posted the photo before and it seems it's a rarely seen item. I checked with Sig regarding the provenance. It was built in 1996, Germany, and their records don't go back that far (per their reply). Some thought that it was made for police use overseas.

Thought I followed directions to post photo properly but apparently not, so I posted the site to retrieve the photo.

http://s1292.photobucket.com/u...08dyxwm.jpg.html?o=1

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here you go tonydisab:

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Connoisseur of
Fine Firearms
Picture of lbaker45
posted Hide Post
Another rare Python I bought last year, 1 of 55 made by Colt for Lew Horton. Ported barrel stainless snub.

Posts: 1926 | Location: Midwest | Registered: November 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Rogue

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Lots of exceptionally cool handguns (and one or two others a bit larger).

Me? I really don't have anything I'd consider rare, oddball or unique; I just never got into that sort of thing. Heck, the oldest gun I own was made in the 1950s (my Dad's Beretta 1934), and that post-war example isn't particularly rare. I'd post a pic, but I don't recall which of my backup drives the few pics I took of it ages ago resides, plus the one photo-hosting site that I had a couple of images uploaded to locked me out from my account when they decided to go to a for-pay business model. If I can recall which safe the gun resides in maybe I'll take another pic or two, but don't count on it.

Value-wise, considering how silly the market has become my highest value gun has to be my base P210 Legend. Like the 1934 I don't recall where I have those pics stored on my network, and for the one or two I uploaded those were at the same hosting site I no longer have access to. Plus it's not like the vast majority of us don't know what a Legend looks like.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
These are the ones that I have that may qualify. Ed

This is a Chris Kyle commemorative Springfield TRP. 1000 made, and mine was given to me by my wife for my birthday last year. And, it just so happens to have the serial number of my birthday.
She definitely put thought into that one.

This is an experimental prototype of today's current generation of Dan Wesson Guardian's in 9mm.

I haven't seen very many of these, and I don't think that they are all that rare, but I really like it.
It's a S&W 622 VR (Vented and Ribbed).

and then, a factory only fired, factory nickle p228. Not that rare or really uncommon, but definitely a looker.

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Lot's of boner material here

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I've got several rare Smith & Wessons....

1 of 116 M-617, 4" with non underlug barrel.
1 of 200 M-617 6" barrel also, no underlug.

Have a very early Combat Magnum, the Pre M-19, that was the 25th CM built. Later given to their West Coast Rep as a Dealer sample. I bought it for $450 tagged as a M-15!

A FIVE inch barreled K-38 instead of the usual 6".

A pair of M-66-2's in three inch.

A pair of consecutively numbered M-29's with smooth combat triggers, smooth Target stocks and YELLOW frt ramp inserts. Yellow inserts fairly rare and consecutively number rare as well. Factory lettered with the three weird options too.

FN in MT

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FN in MT,

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I have a 1943 M-1 Garand that is all Springfield Armory as best as I can tell including, receiver, bolt, barrel, op-rod, stock, etc. I will be inheriting a Winchester M-1 Carbine that looks like it was never issued. My grandfather bought it in the 1960's and it looks brand new.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
[URL= ]A Centennial , not a model 40. original nickle, still has grip safety pin[/URL]

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the weirdest how about my Jezail.

Posts: 2177 | Location: Henderson, KY | Registered: April 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Most valuable, WW1 era 1911.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colt Ace ELN

A couple nickel P228's

Colt Gold Cup ELN

Sig P226SL

P228 Stainless/ Ilaflon (Times 2; Was lucky enough to get a second one!)

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I have some rarities and some oddities.

Rare, because it is a 1936, 4 digit serial Winchester Model 70. Odd, because it is chambered in .25 Gibbs.

Rare, because it is a first production year (1930), 4 digit serial Colt Officer's Model.

Slightly rare, because it is factory nickel Model 19 with case hardened hammer and trigger, and target grips. Probably prettier than rare...

Odd. Just plain odd. "Baby Hammerless" in .22 short, with nifty, concealable folding trigger. Has about a 40 pound trigger pull, the bore is not centered in the barrel, the front blade sight is missing (not that it would help), it doesn't lock up, and the hand doesn't advance the cylinder. But it's really concealable. Puts all them newfangled pocket pistols to shame, I tell ya.

"[BUFFETT]I wish I had a pencil thin moustache..."[/BUFFETT]

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The title of Prettiest belongs to this beauty of a Factory Class A engraved Model 66-1 S&W:

Uncommon/Rare and a bit odd belongs to this .45 ACP P9S from HK:

Posts: 117 | Registered: February 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ed32hall
I haven't seen very many of these, and I don't think that they are all that rare, but I really like it.
It's a S&W 622 VR (Vented and Ribbed).

no, these are rare...made only in 1996 and in small numbers. They also made a 4" barrel VR (slot vs. holes).

I have a 622VR I got in a trade w/ a friend. I added the same grips but its currently got a Nill-Griffe palm-rest grip setup I got from Numrich when they cleared some out last year.

I wanted a 622VR back in college but it cost a month's rent back then (not much but too expensive for a starving student). I've looked for years and only a random trade w/ my friend put one in my safe (since added 422's and 2213 as well)

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Sig P226 Two-Tone in .357 Sig used by the North Dakota Highway Patrol.

Smith & Wesson 4563TSW. The 4566TSW is some what easy to find, these are dang hard to find now.

Smith & Wesson Model 681.

Smith & Wesson Model 629 Mountain Revolver. Not the Mountain Gun. This was the first one introduced by S&W and is not marked with Mountain on the barrel like the later Mountain Gun.

Glock 32 RTF2

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Dam! Why did I sell that Rocky Mountain Arms Patriot pistol????

There was a time when only like 2 AR pistols were on the market, RMA Patriot and Oly OA-93.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
My pistols are boring, with the top dogs being a 42 Colt 1911A1 or my Danish surplus P210. I have an unfired Springfield 4800 in 5.56mm (IMBEL MD-1 sporter) of which ~200 were imported.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post