SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Discreet rifle case out of tennis racquet case
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discreet rifle case out of tennis racquet case Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Not everyone has car trunks to put stuff in or enclosed garages to prevent people from seeing what we’re carrying to and from our vehicles. And of course sometimes guns must be carried through public areas, such as when going to/from a hotel room. If there’s no compartment to hide things in a car, cases can be covered with things like blankets or tarps, but a long lump covered by a blanket in the back seat can itself be a clue for the observant.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
So question:

Not to totally side track the conversation. Why discrete bags? My guns just go in gun bags. Into the trunk... to the range... back and forth.

Why the need to disguise what you have?

I live in an apartment complex and travel frequently. I’d rather the entire complex not know that there’s something worth stealing in my apartment.

I hadn't thought about apartment living. I can see that. With no true safe in an apartment I can see how it could be a target.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8854 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety
I hadn't thought about apartment living. I can see that. With no true safe in an apartment I can see how it could be a target.

Until I stated living here I hadn’t either. It never bothered me when I had a home where very few people would see.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've done tennis bags and various racquet cases in the past with my SCARs. For an occasional use they are as good as anything else. For a regular / frequent use the only times I felt it worked well was with a large touring 6 - racquet bag when I actively trained and competed.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 34" case is now $47.73 (plus tax in IA) with free shipping in five days. I did not have to join Prime to get the free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Sli...ip_o0_img&th=1&psc=1

I could have sworn it was $60 something the other day, but it's now $47.73.

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the soft guitar case. I cut a piece of plywood to fit, and give it "guitar" shape, then added some padding. I carry it on the motorcycle frequently and never get a second glance. Just another moto riding, guitar playing, fool.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A coworker uses a soft gig bag he bought at Guitar Center. Carries it everywhere and he says no one gives it a second look; I've seen it "in action" a couple of times and he's right. No one pays any attention to it at all.

I use a briefcase style tote; it's plain nylon with no telltale webbing or labeling in a FDEish color but to most it's just "light brown". I've not noticed anyone paying heed to it in the past 2-3 years that I've used it to conceal my MPX or any of my AR pistols.

-MG

Posts: 1993 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
I love this samsonite briefcase which came with built in straps!

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
The 34" case is now $47.73 (plus tax in IA) with free shipping in five days. I did not have to join Prime to get the free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Sli...ip_o0_img&th=1&psc=1

34" blue case arrived today, my 32" RRA LE1030 fits fine. Here are manufacturer's links for the 34" case, 30" case, and all cases.

http://www.leapers.com/index.p...9&itemno=PVC-PSP34BN

http://www.leapers.com/index.p...9&itemno=PVC-PSP30BN

http://www.leapers.com/index.p...6&svroot=GUN%20CASES

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I put a law adapter on my AR pistol, it fits nicely in an old laptop bag and has more pockets for extra mags. I use it to carry when I travel, you can walk kin to any hotel lobby and no one will bat an eye about a laptop bag.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Huh: a ukulele? No one would give me a dime for that,” then I could see how that might be effective.

Ukes are quite popular. Now a banjo or and accordion would be a different story unless the thief was desperate for fire wood.

Posts: 10952 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I bought this UTG last year and truly love it. I know it’s a UTG but it had great reviews on the internet and I’m highly impressed with it. It has room for two short rifles and fits my Tavor perfectly. There are a few pockets on the front, I can store a handgun and probably 8-10 30 round AR mags.

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Sli...inactive_ship_o0_img

One look at that bag and less than 10 minutes later I had one on order. Been looking for something like that for years. It will be perfect for my AK Underfolder.

I’m 74 and would look weird carrying a tennis racket.

Neighbor: Do you play?

Me: No, it’s my grandfathers and I’m taking it to him so he can play.

Neighbor: What kind of racket is it?

Me: Kalashnikov

Neighbor: Confused look as I walk away.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I knew I had pics online somewhere

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I knew I had pics online somewhere

Chowser

The Mpx fits in the 511 sling bag and the Ar-9 in the tennis bag? Pictures of them open would be appreciated.

Thanks James

We the unappreciated
must do the unimaginable
and see the unthinkable
to protect the ungrateful

Posts: 801 | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up one of these and it’s great. Plenty of room, holds the guns securely, and doesn’t scream gun (I got the gray one).

https://www.saviorequipment.co...riant=17360421453914

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post