SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Discreet rifle case out of tennis racquet case
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Discreet rifle case out of tennis racquet case Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted
I am thinking about making a discreet PCC case with a tennis racquet case. The bigger ones that the pros carry.

Looking for those straps and a way to secure them. Has anyone done one? Tips?

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
Wise Men Compsny just did a bit on this for his latest video - EDC 3 truck carry.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at the ones blackhawk makes or made?

Posts: 380 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanC
posted Hide Post
A Babolat 2 racquet case works perfect for 1 PCC or AR pistol

Posts: 173 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
You might consider a guitar gig bag. A decent bag goes for around $30.

https://www.sweetwater.com/c93...Gig_Bags?sb=low2high

I use a Fender gig bag. My neighbors don't need to know what's in the bag.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I bought this UTG last year and truly love it. I know it’s a UTG but it had great reviews on the internet and I’m highly impressed with it. It has room for two short rifles and fits my Tavor perfectly. There are a few pockets on the front, I can store a handgun and probably 8-10 30 round AR mags.

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Sli...inactive_ship_o0_img

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
I’ve got an actual Wilson tennis racquet bag for my AR pistol. Tight fit and not the best padding but I’ve carried it all over the place without one bat of an eye.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’ve often wondered about using musical instrument cases for discreet carry.
Wouldn’t they be targets for theft, and what about the, “Oh, do you play?” questions?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Sweetwater has a case finder tool where you enter the Length, Width, Depth of what you want to carry and they find the appropriate sized bag:

www.Sweetwater.com/shop/cases/finder/dimensions

None of their bags scream firearms, but they are designed to carry musical instruments or related items (amplifiers, sound mixing boards, equipment stands, etc...). A piece of black tape easily covers any logo you don't want seen.

As for how to secure them, I don't know of any bag that can be secured ~ unless it is specifically designed to be cut-proof.

Cardinal Bag Supply in Wisconsin makes custom cut proof bags. Since it is custom made, you could have no label or a fake label that would not be an item thieves would break into a car to take:
www.CardinalBagSupplies.com/category/cut-proof-bag/

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I have a Wilson single tennis racket bag, fits a folded Sig 556 perfect.
I'll check and see if the bag has a model number.

Posts: 1559 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of an exchange I had with a nosy neighbor years ago as I took my Blackhawk rifle case out of my truck.

Her: "That's a funny looking case. What's it for? A guitar?"

Me: "A rifle"

Her: "What's in it? A guitar?"

Me: "A rifle"

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fishing rod cases work very well also.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For guitars?

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I’ve often wondered about using musical instrument cases for discreet carry.
Wouldn’t they be targets for theft, and what about the, “Oh, do you play?” questions?

That reminds me of an exchange I had with a hotel worker. We were in an elevator at a competition. My daughters rifles were in a rolling SKB case that look like a trombone case. Guys asked us what instrument she plays. I just change the subject by asking about the pool and the amenities. Guy kept looking at us puzzled. Daughter laughed afterward.

The case works..but I was hoping for some straps to secure it so it isn’t flopping around inside. I did a search but didn’t see anything regarding how people were securing the guns inside the case.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
A few years ago, I tried several in the local Wallyworld, and bought the most substantial tennis racquet bag. It was too flimsy to support a carbine and loaded magazines.

Got this from Dillonprecision and its been more than excellent. Oh, darn. Must be discontinued, can't find it on their website

Here's a great scene from " Desperado."

https://youtu.be/MPKmkv4K8mU

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-...QAVXPT5Y6PYYSVHRB3EB

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54647 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've traveled all over the country with a SCAR 17 in a Head Racquet bag, 16 is in a Wilson. I don't toss them around or let the porters carry them but they work great for discreet carry of folding Stock rifles.

ARX-100's with their folding stock and pop out barrels fit easily into normal backpacks FWIW.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
I've traveled all over the country with a SCAR 17 in a Head Racquet bag, 16 is in a Wilson.

Another question I’ve long had: Would a tennis racquet bag or other seasonal sports item like a bat bag catch anyone’s attention in Minnesota in February or under similar circumstances? Or is anyone that observant?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I used to play tennis back in high school..there are many indoor tennis courts. I would go there in the winter months.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
plenty of indoor places to play tennis at in my area and people mistake me for a doctor all the time. i keep an sbr in a wilson racquet case wrapped in a towel.

never know when a towel will come in handy either. i'm ready for the bugblatter beast with the rifle or the towel. Wink

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post