SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 19 poll
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 19 poll Login/Join 
Read the CONSTITUTION
Picture of Mountain Man
posted Hide Post
Overall, my gen 4 is my favorite. If I could top it with my Gen 3 slide with the " frying pan" tenifer finish, it would be perfect.

A 9mm in MY Hand is better than a 45 at home.
SIG P-239 357.. The Modern Martial Arts
Pair of 226 Navy's

Too many" LOW INFORMATION VOTERS "
si vis pacem para bellvm

Posts: 2172 | Location: UN Constitution State  | Registered: October 22, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have a gen 4, but ground off the finger grooves because they didn’t fit my hand.

I had a gen 2 but it disappeared when I got divorced and she says she never had it..hmmmmm

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11311 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
I voted Gen2. And while I've owned several Gen3's, I prefer the Gen2's lack of finger grooves and rail. I don't however care for the Gen2 front strap cut-out. For those who haven't seen it, here is a photo of my very early (April 1988) G19.

Posts: 3510 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nice. My Gen 2's a bit younger, from October 1989.

Posts: 32569 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
the only 19 I have is the gen 3 rtf2 but if they ever come out with the gen 5 no cut out it will be next.

Posts: 5610 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Gen3 RTF2. Self explanatory.

I can’t really disagree with the guy!

Just something about a RTF2 with the fish gills.

I love my regular gen 3 G19, it’s my edc. I had a little work done on it, stainless guide rod, trigger guard reduction and stippling by our own Polymer Refined. I haven’t shot the gen 5 yet... may have to fix that soon.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8369 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm between the 4 and 5. I dont hate the finger grooves but dont miss them either. I wouldnt do the standard Gen 5 but the MOS with no groove is the hotness. I think I most like the internal upgrades of the 5.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen 5 because of the grip and trigger. I always thought the Gen 3 triggers was better than Gen 4 but I like the Gen 4 grip better. Gen 5 has it all and no finger grooves.

DPR

Posts: 658 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Gen 4 with FP finish is the one for me.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Gen 5 MOS is perfect.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7967 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 3. I had a Gen 4, also, and never warmed to it and sold it.
I am Gen 5-curious.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I voted for the Gen 3 G19 simply because of its utter reliability and this was the generation before Glock screwed with the extractor cut angle and the problems it caused in the Gen 4, along with the initial Gen 4 RSA issues, all of which have fortunately been addressed.

That said, I own Gen 3, 4, and 5 G19s and all have been superb, but I will say this, the Gen 5 is unquestionably a step up. The new barrel, trigger return spring design, outstanding finish and improved trigger pull have raised the bar on previous generations, including the beloved Gen 3. Guess I should've voted for the Gen 5!

Posts: 1094 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in the gen 2 camp. For me it is the purest version, almost perfect.

My first g19 was a boston pd detective pistol in great shape that I bought used. Later I got two more gen 2’s.

I don’t need a light on pistols that I use for carry. I always install Heinie sights and a skimmer trigger so mine are as good for me as a gen 5 before they made a gen 5.

Posts: 427 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only having a Gen 4, I voted accordingly.

Posts: 3228 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AZnine
posted Hide Post
I have Gen 2,3,4 and 5 G19's. I shoot several times a week and consistently shoot my Gen 4 G19 more accurately. Just feels better in my hand. Finger grooves??

Posts: 163 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: June 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
My nephew in NSW and his co-workers love their Gen 4's. I always thought they were issued Gen 3's.

Posts: 1958 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
The 4 and 5 seem to be almost equal.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
G19-3 with G17 slide and G19L barrel, gotta love those 'barbie' guns. Fun to play with.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I like both the Gen2 and Gen3 versions of the G19. The Glock 19 is similar in size to my Sig 228 and are both fun to shoot.

Most of my handguns are either Sig or Glocks.

Gen2 with Night Sights and Gen3 with CT flashlight.

Family Photo minus my G27.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post