SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    X-Ray3 day night sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Ray3 day night sights Login/Join 
posted
I have a P225-A1. I saw an image of these sights.I would like to install them on my 225-A1.

My rear sight is clearly marked with a 6. No such marking on the front.

Would one safely assume 6/6 sights would be the correct selection?

Posts: 95 | Location: Spokane Washington | Registered: June 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The number on the front sight is usually on the top of the left side dovetail. Both of my P225-A1's came with 6/6 so if the rear is 6 I'd venture to guess the front is also 6.

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks,found it. I was looking on the side.
FWIW it is a 6

The number on the front sight is usually on the top of the left side dovetail. Both of my P225-A1's came with 6/6 so if the rear is 6 I'd venture to guess the front is also 6.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 95 | Location: Spokane Washington | Registered: June 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the X-Ray 3 sights. I discovered a new problem. How is the rear sight removed/replaced

Thanks,found it. I was looking on the side.
FWIW it is a 6

The number on the front sight is usually on the top of the left side dovetail. Both of my P225-A1's came with 6/6 so if the rear is 6 I'd venture to guess the front is also 6.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I don’t have that model, but the sights of all the Classic line SIG pistols I’m familiar with can be removed from either side. I push them right to left. They should be installed left to right because there is usually a small bevel on the right end of the base.

(I assume that’s what you’re asking by “How?”)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The rear sight on the 225 A1 is not in a dovetail. It sits down in a recess.

In my gross ignorance I assumed there was some access to some retention device accessible from inside the slide.. I was wrong.

I don’t have that model, but the sights of all the Classic line SIG pistols I’m familiar with can be removed from either side. I push them right to left. They should be installed left to right because there is usually a small bevel on the right end of the base.

(I assume that’s what you’re asking by “How?”)[/QUOTE]

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by filipows:
The rear sight on the 225 A1 is not in a dovetail.

Really? I never would have guessed from looking at all the photos of the model I can find. It appears just like every other dovetail-mounted rear sight I have ever seen. Confused

But as I say, I have never had the model, and I learn something new all the time.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P225A1 uses the standard Sig dovetails front and rear. Push out from right to left, install from left to right.

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 225 A1 has a dove tail front the rear is different.

The P225A1 uses the standard Sig dovetails front and rear. Push out from right to left, install from left to right.[/QUOTE]

posted Hide Post
What are you calling out as different. It's the same as any other Sig that doesn't have an adjustable rear sight.

posted Hide Post
The significant difference is mounting. It is not in a dovetail.

Earlier in thread, the question was how do you remove/replace it.

What are you calling out as different. It's the same as any other Sig that doesn't have an adjustable rear sight.[/QUOTE]

posted Hide Post
Not sure how to state it any plainer. Use a sight pusher or a non-marring punch, from the right side removing it to the left. No idea why you think it's not a dovetail unless perhaps this is your first Sig.

posted Hide Post
I'll profess my ignorance. No doubt when I have the new parts in my hand it will be patently obvious,

Not sure how to state it any plainer. Use a sight pusher or a non-marring punch, from the right side removing it to the left. No idea why you think it's not a dovetail unless perhaps this is your first Sig.[/QUOTE]