SIGforum
X-Ray3 day night sights

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/7130078294

June 22, 2022, 09:03 AM
filipows
X-Ray3 day night sights
I have a P225-A1. I saw an image of these sights.I would like to install them on my 225-A1.

My rear sight is clearly marked with a 6. No such marking on the front.

Would one safely assume 6/6 sights would be the correct selection?
June 22, 2022, 03:27 PM
ah3
The number on the front sight is usually on the top of the left side dovetail. Both of my P225-A1's came with 6/6 so if the rear is 6 I'd venture to guess the front is also 6.
June 22, 2022, 07:15 PM
filipows
Thanks,found it. I was looking on the side.
FWIW it is a 6

The number on the front sight is usually on the top of the left side dovetail. Both of my P225-A1's came with 6/6 so if the rear is 6 I'd venture to guess the front is also 6.[/QUOTE]
June 25, 2022, 01:59 PM
filipows
I ordered the X-Ray 3 sights. I discovered a new problem. How is the rear sight removed/replaced

Thanks,found it. I was looking on the side.
FWIW it is a 6

The number on the front sight is usually on the top of the left side dovetail. Both of my P225-A1's came with 6/6 so if the rear is 6 I'd venture to guess the front is also 6.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
June 25, 2022, 02:13 PM
sigfreund
I don’t have that model, but the sights of all the Classic line SIG pistols I’m familiar with can be removed from either side. I push them right to left. They should be installed left to right because there is usually a small bevel on the right end of the base.

(I assume that’s what you’re asking by “How?”)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
June 25, 2022, 02:37 PM
filipows
The rear sight on the 225 A1 is not in a dovetail. It sits down in a recess.

In my gross ignorance I assumed there was some access to some retention device accessible from inside the slide.. I was wrong.

I don’t have that model, but the sights of all the Classic line SIG pistols I’m familiar with can be removed from either side. I push them right to left. They should be installed left to right because there is usually a small bevel on the right end of the base.

(I assume that’s what you’re asking by “How?”)[/QUOTE]
June 25, 2022, 05:06 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by filipows:
The rear sight on the 225 A1 is not in a dovetail.

Really? I never would have guessed from looking at all the photos of the model I can find. It appears just like every other dovetail-mounted rear sight I have ever seen. Confused

But as I say, I have never had the model, and I learn something new all the time.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
June 25, 2022, 07:35 PM
ah3
The P225A1 uses the standard Sig dovetails front and rear. Push out from right to left, install from left to right.
June 25, 2022, 09:41 PM
filipows
The 225 A1 has a dove tail front the rear is different.

The P225A1 uses the standard Sig dovetails front and rear. Push out from right to left, install from left to right.[/QUOTE]
June 26, 2022, 12:39 PM
ah3
What are you calling out as different. It's the same as any other Sig that doesn't have an adjustable rear sight.
June 26, 2022, 02:00 PM
filipows
The significant difference is mounting. It is not in a dovetail.

Earlier in thread, the question was how do you remove/replace it.

What are you calling out as different. It's the same as any other Sig that doesn't have an adjustable rear sight.[/QUOTE]
June 26, 2022, 02:19 PM
ah3
Not sure how to state it any plainer. Use a sight pusher or a non-marring punch, from the right side removing it to the left. No idea why you think it's not a dovetail unless perhaps this is your first Sig.
June 26, 2022, 03:05 PM
filipows
I'll profess my ignorance. No doubt when I have the new parts in my hand it will be patently obvious,

Not sure how to state it any plainer. Use a sight pusher or a non-marring punch, from the right side removing it to the left. No idea why you think it's not a dovetail unless perhaps this is your first Sig.[/QUOTE]