SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger GP100 Carry - a great CCW Wheel Gun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger GP100 Carry - a great CCW Wheel Gun Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wacopolumbo:
Gemini is a first class outfit. They do 1911 work in addition to Smith and Ruger revolver work. My 3” started out as a beater gun before Marc Morganti at Gemini got working on it. The grips are custom made in-house and customized for the gun owner. The angle is similar to some of the the Badger grips.

Marc did metal work, a complete action job, put a Wiley Clap barrel on it, cut the cylinder for moon clips, etc, etc, etc….

Wow, for a "beater" gun that turned out remarkably nicely, but then again it probably should considering you had the deluxe package of upgrades performed on it. The grip stocks in particular really have me interested in whether that addition might improve my snub nosed shooting experience.

Sounds like Gemini does good work. Thanks for taking the time to share the pics and also for answering my questions.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Gemini is a first class outfit. They do 1911 work in addition to Smith and Ruger revolver work. My 3” started out as a beater gun before Marc Morganti at Gemini got working on it. The grips are custom made in-house and customized for the gun owner. The angle is similar to some of the the Badger grips.

Marc did metal work, a complete action job, put a Wiley Clap barrel on it, cut the cylinder for moon clips, etc, etc, etc….

Wow, for a "beater" gun that turned out remarkably nicely, but then again it probably should considering you had the deluxe package of upgrades performed on it. The grip stocks in particular really have me interested in whether that addition might improve my snub nosed shooting experience.

Sounds like Gemini does good work. Thanks for taking the time to share the pics and also for answering my questions.

Hi Savage, yes they do excellent work. Here are some before and after pics of the 3" GP100. I had this for a while and it had seen its fair share of dings. I bought it used and it looked like previous owner had dropped it a couple times.

I had never sent a gun in for this kind of work, or spent this kind of money upgrading one. I think it turned out great.

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:

Hi Savage, yes they do excellent work. Here are some before and after pics of the 3" GP100. I had this for a while and it had seen its fair share of dings. I bought it used and it looked like previous owner had dropped it a couple times.

I had never sent a gun in for this kind of work, or spent this kind of money upgrading one. I think it turned out great.

It looks great!

How did the action turn out? Once tuned up, the Rugers can be very nice.

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Nice. A wheelgun is still on my wish list.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want those Talo wooden grip inserts for my GP-100.

"I need a bigger safe...."

Posts: 18 | Location: Seattle | Registered: May 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post