SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger GP100 Carry - a great CCW Wheel Gun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger GP100 Carry - a great CCW Wheel Gun Login/Join 
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted
Hi Guys,

I made the mistake of walking into my LGS a few weeks ago and saw this 2.5” GP100 in 357 Mag looking at me with a “take me home” look about it. It was in my caliber and even though I have a Gemini Customs 3” GP100 and Match Champion 4” GP100, I didn’t have a 2.5” GP100 so I took it home.

Shoots great. It has the “old” style GP100 grip that I prefer, a high-viz FO front sight and a great trigger. Any of you guys pick-up one of these? It’s a TALO edition gun and even though I normally carry a J Frame, this is making into my carry line up. Even though it is only a little
Smaller than my 3” GP100 it “feels” a lot smaller.

Some obligatory pictures…

With the Match Champion and Gemini Customs 3” (haven’t cleaned the Gemini since the last range trip).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wacopolumbo,

Regards,
Waco

Learning from my mistakes since 1974...

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That looks great, Waco.
I'd have a hard time not taking that home if I saw it 'round here.

God bless America.

Posts: 13501 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like that. I have the 3 inch Wiley Clapp edition and I love that one. Yours I would have found hard to resist.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Looks like a winner, neighbor.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I like the look of that!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it! It looks great!

Congratulations on a nice pickup!

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Everyone. Even though the other GP100s were more costly, this one is becoming my favorite.

Regards,
Waco

Posts: 1713 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: July 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I like your style waco. I have 2 4" stainelsss GP's (6 shot and a 7 shot) and will probably get a 3rd one at some point (blued.)

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love a Ruger revolver and those three look great.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I REALLY like that! Blued, and a snubby to boot. I'm a sucker for a nice short-barreled revolver...3' and under are my preference. A handgun is meant to be carried, and in my area, it's hard to get away with anything bigger than that. I share your preference for the "old" style GP100 grips, too...they're a good size, look good, and are comfortable to shoot.

That's a beautiful and practical piece you have there. I have a 4" GP100 which sadly doesn't really get carried...and I say sadly because it may be the best shooting revolver I own.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I like that one! I’ve got a 3” Wiley Clapp in 10mm that is phenomenal. It’s a great shooter and not too big to carry of I wanted. I love Ruger revolvers, especially the older Sox series guns, but the GP100 is a great revolver.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carried a 4 inch for a few years at work. Definitely has a special place with me

Posts: 111 | Location: Mechanicsburg,Pa | Registered: June 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve always loved a wheel gun, but I must admit looking at your GP made my heart skip a beat. That is one gorgeous piece of machinery! I need to stay away from gun shops!

Posts: 394 | Location: Florida Gulf Coast | Registered: October 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
That Talo 3" is a sharp looking revolver for sure... but I gotta confess that my eyes are drawn to the Match Champion and the GP100 3".

I'm not familiar with Gemini Customs. They customize Ruger revolvers? Tell me about those grips on the 3". They intrigue me. Do they change the grip angle and point of aim?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wacopolumbo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
That Talo 3" is a sharp looking revolver for sure... but I gotta confess that my eyes are drawn to the Match Champion and the GP100 3".

I'm not familiar with Gemini Customs. They customize Ruger revolvers? Tell me about those grips on the 3". They intrigue me. Do they change the grip angle and point of aim?

Gemini is a first class outfit. They do 1911 work in addition to Smith and Ruger revolver work. My 3” started out as a beater gun before Marc Morganti at Gemini got working on it. The grips are custom made in-house and customized for the gun owner. The angle is similar to some of the the Badger grips.

Marc did metal work, a complete action job, put a Wiley Clap barrel on it, cut the cylinder for moon clips, etc, etc, etc….

Regards,
Waco

posted Hide Post
I have a 2" Ruger SP101 but the GP100 Talo model might be on my 2022 to-buy list now.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
very nice revolvers are great

Posts: 23450 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
That's a looker for sure!

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking Ruger. Love my 4” but to large for me to carry. This looks like it would fill the bill nicely.

Posts: 59 | Registered: April 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My Dad has an SP-101 and it’s a really nice shooter. I find .38 out of most smaller revolvers to be unpleasant but that Ruger really tames it well.

That’s a beautiful revolver Eek

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post