SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
The Ameriglo FBI (I think?) bold sights are finally available here:

https://store.teamglock.com/gu...hts-by-ameriglo.html

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
Those are close, but not FBI contract sights. FBI sights have a U rear notch, not square. You can get those at Brownells.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
I picked up my G45 yesterday at my local Blue Label dealer. $434 wasn't too bad a hit.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:

Those are close, but they are the Ameriglo “Bold” sights which have a square notch on the rear, but are otherwise nearly identical.

The Ameriglo “Agent” sights have the rear U-notch instead and so far I’ve only seen them through Brownells. Usually on sale for $84.99 and you can typically get 10% or $10 off $75 or $100 to bring it down to $75 for a set.

My Agents came in for the G45 and are installed. Range time tomorrow or Saturday morning. I have about 250rds loaded and another 100 on top of that to put through it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Are the G45s shipping with stock Glock Dovetail Protectors or real sights of any kind?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are 3 models - standard plastic, Glock Nights Sights, or Ameriglo Bold sights.

As I prefer Agents, I bought the cheap one and replaced them already.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Cool same as the other Gen 5s. Thank you.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

Those are close, but they are the Ameriglo “Bold” sights which have a square notch on the rear, but are otherwise nearly identical.

I had them, but took them off because the back edge of the rear sight was actually sharper than my Trijicon HDs.

The Ameriglo “Agent” sights have the rear U-notch instead and so far I’ve only seen them through Brownells. Usually on sale for $84.99 and you can typically get 10% or $10 off $75 or $100 to bring it down to $75 for a set.

My Agents came in for the G45 and are installed. Range time tomorrow or Saturday morning. I have about 250rds loaded and another 100 on top of that to put through it.

Im pretty sure I heard that Brownells is the exclusive distributer for the FBI sights, Not even Ameriglo has them on their site for sale.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:

I had them, but took them off because the back edge of the rear sight was actually sharper than my Trijicon HDs.

Im pretty sure I heard that Brownells is the exclusive distributer for the FBI sights, Not even Ameriglo has them on their site for sale.

thats what I see to My agent's ae on the way I have them for most of my glocks and both my 365's they are really the best thing going IMO I had the Vickers Wilson gold beads on all of them but switched out after trying my first set.

Posts: 5599 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I ordered the thinner front sight with my Agents. Sits much nicer in the U notch, much like the Trijicon HD XR.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Picked up my blue label 45 yesterday and installed my Ameriglo Agent sights on it. Will shoot it tonight at work. Stuck a TLR-7 on it as well.
My dealer tried very hard to get me to pick up another one but I only brought cash and no credit cards so he couldn't tempt me like he always does. I went to buy a 19X earlier this year and left with that and a gen5 19.
I ordered a bunch of guns for work so he was satisfied.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Short first range report.

G45 mods, OEM (-) connector, OEM Extended Slide stop, Ameriglo Agent sights, clean & lube, OEM 17rd and 19rd magazines, and an XC1 Surefire mounted.

In addition to the new G45, I brought my EDC G19.4 which has the same mods, plus Talon grips.

195rd of Winchester NATO 124gr and 18rds of Federal HST 147+P shot through the G45 at ranges from 7-20 yards. Started with slow aimed fire - did one magazine with the G45, then the G19, then back to the G45. The G45 recoil is definitely different than a G19, less somewhat and flatter due to the longer grip maybe - although it's not a fair comparison with the Talons on the G19 which I'm really comfortable with. Suffice to say that the G45 is very comfortable and controllable to shoot. Moved onto a couple of 6x6x6 drills, failure drills, just getting familiar with the pistol. Then I moved back to some aimed fire to see exactly how the sights are regulated and general fam fire time.

I love the Ameriglo Agents, however I think I may need a shorter front sight, as it seems to be shooting a tad low compared to how all my G19s and G42/43 with Agents shoot - it's not as bad as the Sig COMBATSIGHTPICTURE cover the target crap, but just a smidge lower than I like. This seems to be a relatively common occurrence with Gen 5s, depending on ammo / barrel locked up / etc. But I'll get another range trip into to confirm, since maybe it was just me today.

Anyway, very happy with the purchase and looking forward to more time behind it as the weather cools.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report!
Which Agent sights did you get?
I bought gen4 Agent sights for my gen5 19, 19X and the 45. I didn't like the gen5 Bold sights on my gen5 19 since it kept making me shoot low. I replaced them with the gen4 Agents and it fixed my issue.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the standard Gen5 Agents for G17/19 - GL5517. I think it's the .200 height front sight that is the issue where the normal is .180 height.

Like I said, it wasn't grossly low (I like POI at the tip front sight), just a smidge low. I honestly think it just depends a bit on each model / build / etc, but as you demonstrate it's not uncommon.

I have a my spare G19.4 setup like my EDC with Agents, I suppose I could temporarily rob it's front sight to check. And I've heard some people like the thin front sights of the G42/43, which I could also try.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the range report, RHINOWSO...appreciate the comparison to the G19.

Can you speak to how the G45's recoil impulse compares to a G17?

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
In a massive case of the tail wagging the dog, I'm liking the 19 Gen 5 MOS. This is independent of the optic capability. But since it has the optic mount, this has gotten me into the whole red dot on a carry gun thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
Can you speak to how the G45's recoil impulse compares to a G17?
Sorry, I haven’t shot a G17 a long time, like decades.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Such a soft shooter. Here’s first box through.

Ameriglo gen4 Agents

Did first mag center mass at 21ft to see I was shooting left and too fast. Second mag I slowed down and shot the head to see I was still shooting a little left. Got a feel for the trigger and did third mag in the 5 and 10. Now to shoot a few hundred rounds through it. I have about 27 various 9mm mags all loaded.

Not minority enough!

posted Hide Post
I have some Talons on the way, I have them on all my G19/23s and think they'll work well on the G45.

Bought another ten pack of G17 mags from Brownells, as I had to break some more out of storage to use with the G45 and the spare box was looking not as full as it should be. Wink

I'm going to shoot it again after I get the grips and see exactly where it is printing elevation-wise then likely go to a .180 height front sights.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Saw one locally last night, feels good, but with NS they had it at $699!..

I can just take some G17 mags, put them in my G19 and accomplish the same thing for free LOL

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post