SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 45 (black G19x) and other models being released Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Glock had to add a considerable amount of thickness (and presumably gained a good amount of weight as well) to make that two-pin 40S&W work (yes, the plastic rear pin counts as well). I'd be skeptical as to how beefy the slide would have to be in order to make a two-pin 10mm feasible enough to keep a high pressure bear load from ripping the damn thing apart. I'm not saying that Glock couldn't accomplish it but why the hell would anyone want to carry such a top-heavy, overweight beast when the Gen4 and Gen3 designs work fine as-is? They would be better off just creating a "Gen4.5" (lose the finger grooves, change the slide finish) and call it good enough.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Picked up a gen 5 19 MOS at the nations gun show.

PICTURES son!!

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
I will likely be buying a Gen5 Glock. 45 would fit all of my G19 holsters. Or a 34MOS. Or just maybe both.

They finally make a product that works for me.

It will only fit your Glock 19 Gen5 holsters. Ambi slide stop makes the Gen5 guns a no-go in the Gen3/Gen4 holsters, unfortunately.

Posts: 143 | Location: Newnan GA | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trendar5:
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
I will likely be buying a Gen5 Glock. 45 would fit all of my G19 holsters. Or a 34MOS. Or just maybe both.

They finally make a product that works for me.

It will only fit your Glock 19 Gen5 holsters. Ambi slide stop makes the Gen5 guns a no-go in the Gen3/Gen4 holsters, unfortunately.

Gen 5s fit well in 99% of the Gen 1/2/3/4 holsters I've tried. A few holsters require a bit of tweaking on the adjustment screw for an optimal fit. But nearly all fit just fine as-is.

I've only run across a handful of holsters that don't fit at all. Even then, the Gen 5s will technically fit inside them, but they're overly tight and require an inordinate amount of force to draw from.

The ambi slide stop isn't an issue in many cases.

The main difference in holster fit is that they've slightly beefed up the frame at the muzzle end, where the accessory rail is located. That slight dimensional difference at the muzzle is primarily what causes the occasional holster tightness issue. But even then, it's only on rare occasion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RogueJSK,

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I don’t know how to post pictures here now that I don’t use
Photo bucket anymore. But if someone can post them I’m happy to send them

I shot it today. It’s fantastic. I’ll be getting a 17 as well

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:

PICTURES son!!

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gen 5s fit well in 99% of the Gen 1/2/3/4 holsters I've tried. A few holsters require a bit of tweaking on the adjustment screw for an optimal fit. But nearly all fit just fine as-is.

I've only run across a handful of holsters that don't fit at all. Even then, the Gen 5s will technically fit inside them, but they're overly tight and require an inordinate amount of force to draw from.

The ambi slide stop isn't an issue in many cases.

The main difference in holster fit is that they've slightly beefed up the frame at the muzzle end, where the accessory rail is located. That slight dimensional difference at the muzzle is primarily what causes the occasional holster tightness issue. But even then, it's only on rare occasion.

What he said.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t know how to post pictures here now that I don’t use
Photo bucket anymore. But if someone can post them I’m happy to send them

I shot it today. It’s fantastic. I’ll be getting a 17 as well

quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
quote:

PICTURES son!!

You can send them to me and I will post them for you. My email is in my profile.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Picture for Kebvo

quote:

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Got mine today, looks just like bubbatime's photo on pg2.

Feels really good in the hand - as this is my first Gen5, interested in seeing how it shoots as I'm really used to the finger grooves on my Gen4 G1ocks. Trigger is nice and clean for a Glock - will install Ameriglo Agents, grip plug, and the OEM extended slide stop-release before shooting.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stupid Glock adding a 17 with front serrations. Looks like another pistol I have to have.

Posts: 6888 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if the gen 5 OEM extended slide stop is extended on both sides? Thanks.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Anyone know if the gen 5 OEM extended slide stop is extended on both sides? Thanks.
Yes, both sides.

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
What price were you all getting for the G19 Gen 5 MOS?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Online I'm seeing them for $600 or so.

If the rear dovetail wasn't setback, I'd consider it but I'll be waiting for a Gen 5 G19 non-MOS without the halfmoon grip cut.

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
If the rear dovetail wasn't setback, I'd consider it but I'll be waiting for a Gen 5 G19 non-MOS without the halfmoon grip cut.

This. Glock hasn't confirmed if their regular Glock 19 frames going forward will lose the half moon cutout that everyone hates, but it makes sense for Glock to make and inventory one style of frame, rather than two. The instant Glock releases a regular gen 5 Glock 19 without the half moon cutout, I will buy two of them.

Posts: 6662 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'll be in for at least one G19 Gen5 without the grip cut.

Prepped my G45, cleaned, did my standard grip plug, OEM (-), Extended Slide stop, and now just waiting for the Ameriglo Agent Sights.

One interesting thing is one of the Gen 5 G17 mags didn't have the mag insert floorplate lock on it - when I looked at the bottom I could see the spring. I disassembled it, figuring maybe it didn't seat right, but there wasn't one inside.

From converting several G17 mags to +2, I had a spare so easy peasy, but still interesting to see it MIA. The other two mags were good as delivered.

posted Hide Post
Some holster data points.

G45 with XC1 fits
- Bravo Concealment BCS holster (just a smidge tighter than the G19Gen4)
- Detroit Holsters "8-Mile"
- Red River Tactical Type 2 IWB

Without the XC1 it also fits a non light bearing Detroit "8-mile".

So 4 for 4 so far.

I have another "8-mile" for an X300 but I didn't feel like taking the light off a rifle to check it out, but I'm confident it will fit fine, as it made the same way as the other 8-mile holsters and has no real pressure on the right side ambi slide stop area, with most of the retention from the light and slide.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
FYI. Agent sights have been on sale at Brownells for $85 for awhile now. I order a set every time there is a 10% off code. I already have them for my 45 which I will buy Friday and I already have a set standing by for whenever my new duty gun gets here. I hate the OEM night sights.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8021 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
FYI. Agent sights have been on sale at Brownells for $85 for awhile now. I order a set every time there is a 10% off code. I already have them for my 45 which I will buy Friday and I already have a set standing by for whenever my new duty gun gets here. I hate the OEM night sights.

What he said.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Yup. I have them on all mine except two which had my previous favorite, the I-Dot Pros.