SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Duty-ready, flat-faced, curved Glock trigger that do not reduce length of pull or safety design?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duty-ready, flat-faced, curved Glock trigger that do not reduce length of pull or safety design? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Timney is the cats meow.

The Timmeny Glock trigger has a great trigger pull but I would not use it for duty.

Not because the pull is too light but because they accomplished the crisp take-up and lighter pull by catching the striker in its cocked position so for that reason I would only use it for competition.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HCM:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Timney is the cats meow.

The Timmeny Glock trigger has a great trigger pull but I would not use it for duty.

Not because the pull is too light but because they accomplished the crisp take-up and lighter pull by catching the striker in its cocked position so for that reason I would only use it for competition.

I'm about to get the Timney. Why is catching the striker in the full extended position bad?

I can understand conceptually, for example, if it perhaps increases the risk that that the striker may overcome the trigger bar under some scenario and get released. But not sure if that would happen under real life conditions; may be only under artificial high impact conditions?

Other considerations?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post