SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What's the ONE pistol that has never failed you?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the ONE pistol that has never failed you? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
In 26 years a P226 (not the same one as they were issued)has never let me down or failed to fire. And that includes when someone is shooting back.

Posts: 2 | Registered: April 10, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My oldest pistol is a 1988 P225 that was my only pistol for twenty years. I don’t recall ever having a gun-related malf. I don’t use it much now because parts are tough and Sig has excepted it from their spa treatment program.

I have a couple newer P226’s to “replace” it that I expect will be with me until I die. I have the same expectation for every gun I own, Sig, Glock, Beretta, Colt, S&W. If it wasn’t reliable for any reason I didn’t keep it.

Conserve Liberty, and the right of self-determination.

Posts: 57 | Location: The Flyover Part | Registered: September 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SP2022

Purchased approximately 20 years ago and has never had a hiccup.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ogive40
posted Hide Post
G19
Springfield TRP
STI Trojan 9mm

"The final weapon is the brain, all else is supplemental."
John Steinbeck

Posts: 2230 | Location: NJ | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glock 21 (gen 2) former duty pistol with 18,000+ rds through it with no malfunctions. I have replaced the extractor, extractor spring and recoil spring on the pistol.
Next would be my VP9 with just over 5,000 rds through it with zero malfunctions.

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any P226 that I have owned (and I've owned several and put close to 100,000 rounds through 'em).

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 727 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226R or my HK USP 45

Posts: 586 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Terminator
posted Hide Post
Of all of the pistols I have ever owned, the only one that has ever had an issue is a P226. The gun was literally brand new and after 100 rounds it hasn’t had another problem.

Posts: 641 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: March 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Not a lot of shooting but I just completed a two day defensive handgun class with a lot of moving and shooting..... put around 200 rounds through a Sig Legion P226 and then another 200 through a Sig P239... both with not one issue and the only issue at times was the guy behind the hammer....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
<<snip>> put around 200 rounds through a Sig Legion P226 and then another 200 through a Sig P239... both with not one issue <<snip>>

Two of my all-time favorites! While I no longer own a P239 (I was a dumbass and traded it for something else), I do still have a W. German 226, and along with my P225, I could not think of parting with it. In fact, I have owned quite a few P226's, and if memory serves, never had any type of failure with ANY of them!

So, in keeping with the original question of what's the ONE pistol that has never failed me??? I cannot answer that because there are quite a few.

That list includes:

P220
P225
P226
P228
P229
HK USP40

Seeing a pattern here? I sure do... Wink

Posts: 4590 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P-226

Posts: 365 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post