SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Tyrant Designs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tyrant Designs Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted
Any SF members familiar with this firm and their aftermarket parts? I might be interested in trying their P320 trigger in an attempt to more consistently index my trigger finger. The new slide catch lever looks interesting as well. Feedback is most welcome.

https://www.tyrantcnc.com/hand...auer-components.html

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I have a slide catch for my Glock 45, looks well made and seems to be functional for its purpose.

Posts: 2303 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If the illustrations are accurate, the products seem to be well made, but is this an American company? “Perform consistent and reliable groupings with each shot …,” and “… will function using almost any grain ammunition”—?
Confused

Referring to “grain ammunition” rather than bullet weight seems to becoming more common among people whose knowledge of the subject is limited to what they can read on the cartridge box, but it isn’t what I expect from a manufacturer of firearms parts.

It reminds me of the instructions that used to come with Japanese made toys when I was a kid: “To be making projection A into mashing spot 3.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but is this an American company?

Perhaps a better question is: "Is this a company run by anyone educated enough to know how to string a proper sentence together?" Doesn't take an English major to run a CNC machine while listening to their favorite hip-hop tunes. I noticed that their address puts them not far from The Loop in Chicago. Wouldn't surprise me if a twentysomething or two comprise the "corporate" officers of this company. And the design flavor of their parts definitely lends credence to a more "youthful" inspired philosophy.

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I bought one of their Glock triggers. I ended up tossing it. The safety was really sharp and tearing up my finger under recoil.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a used g19 locally that had been tricked out with all tyrant stuff. Slide stop back plate, trigger. Everything had sharp edges and tooling marks. All that crap came off and replaced with stock parts.

Posts: 2750 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post