SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta 92FS Fusion Scorpion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta 92FS Fusion Scorpion Login/Join 
posted
Guess I didn't know this program existed. Apparently they've been doing this since 2015, but this is the first year I've received an email about this PB Selection program. Guess ordering all those Silver Pigeons over they years gets me an 'in' on the email blast. Our Beretta rep emailed this just a few minutes ago(!) about this 'exclusive' model being offered to Beretta Direct dealers.

A grand total of 150 will be the production run, with half of that set side for direct dealers. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to share the images, but suffice to say that it's "fancy". Looks like a top-notch locking presentation box (Negrini?) that comes with it as well. Laser cut 'camo' pattern on the vertical face of the slide, carbon fiber grips with a partial field of similar camo treatment and a 'classic' Beretta 'PB' logo insert. Mirror-polished DLC barrel (the trigger group and frame are also DLC but the marketing blurb doesn't specifically point out if they're polished to a mirror finish...the PR blurb only says that about the barrel), skeleton hammer, hand fitted built quality...y'all get the picture.

Available with 10 or 15 round magazines, depending on what side of the Iron Curtain the dealer is located.

MSRP for this lovely creation is a paltry $13,950. (GAK! CHOKE! ACKK!)

Open for any down payments Wink

EDIT: Sorry about the image size. I swear they were really, REALLY small when I was looking at the email on my phone!

-MG

Posts: 1924 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
As a gun owner/gun buyer, and a Beretta fanboy, this seems stupid to me. But as a capitalist fanboy I recognize that Beretta is a for-profit company so good for them if they can sell it to people with more money than brains.

Recently someone posted that a FL local gunshop had some exclusive Colt revolvers for sale for 5k or so. I think the base price for a Colt revolver is overpriced but again, good for them if they can get people to pay it.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Fusion series never made sense to me. If you’re going to release a limited-edition, hand-fitted, steel-frame, SAO 92 along the lines of the Billennium, Steel I, and Centennial — except even more “limited” and far more expensive — then, like those, it should come with a frame safety. The slide-mounted safety/decocker on a SAO pistol is idiotic, and it would make these Fusion editions unappealing to me at even a small fraction of the MSRP.

But somebody is evidently buying them.

Posts: 222 | Registered: July 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sigh...overpriced, blinged-out, pretty-boy variant of an otherwise excellent firearm. If they can sell it, good on 'em, but these are just going to sit on a shelf somewhere and never get carried or shot. Waste of good gun steel if you ask me. If I had that kind of money to spend on a handgun, it would get used to buy something truly innovative or of historic significance, not a "cosmetically-enhanced" (aka pimped-out) service pistol.

Come on Beretta...for every one of these you sell you'd likely sell 100 frame-mounted safety/decocker 92Xs. Or if they really wanted to do something cool, they could develop a locked-breech version of the Cheetah in 9mm with the short reset-trigger of the 92X ("The NOX?" Big Grin)...I'd be all over that. Or even just bring back the 87. Lots of good, useful options out there without wasting time and energy on bling.

Oh, and what's with the "scorpion" crap? Sounds like they're ripping off the cheesy "emperor scorpion" BS from Sig.

Posts: 8390 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I'd never begrudge anybody for their own desires/tastes but that is bit too much for me. I prefer understated when these types of things are done. I do like some old school stuff that has been engraved but generally I prefer understated. So this one is not for me.

It's not super over the top or anything just a tad too much for me. I like some of the SIG P210 offerings they have/have done in this regard.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7623 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man, that's really ugly. And, $14k? WTF? I'll take the Midnights and the Facettes over this any days.

Q

Posts: 26189 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’d buy a frame mounted safety/decocker 92x compact the second I saw one. I’d probably buy two.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Oh, and strange that the trigger is so far back, with hammer down, for a DA/SA gun. Never seen a DA/SA 92FS like that. Are they just photoshopped pics?

Q

Posts: 26189 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good eye Q. That does look photoshopped.

As a Beretta fan, I’m sad to say I prefer the briefcase to the gun.

Posts: 7331 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a crazy price for a 92fs but if someone wants one, have at it. I just can't see what justifies the price for that 92fs. If I were going to spend a chunk on a 92 variant, I would prefer an older model Beretta Target and they are no where near the price of a Scorpion.

Posts: 6838 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Seems if you drop the cash for that you are paying for a pistol to sit in that fancy box and look at it. To each their own I suppose, but if I was going to do that it would not have that little stupid red dot showing. But then I prefer a handgun that doesn't even have that little flippy thing on the side you have to move to make it fire.

What does he 'PB" stand for?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pietro Beretta

Posts: 8390 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Fusion Scorpion"

Oh my God, please stop. Roll Eyes

Posts: 107228 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Pietro Beretta

https://www.britannica.com/bio...nufacturer-1791-1853

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:

Peanut Butter!

I'm glad they pointed out the "Dedicated Serration"

They still had space to tell us to read the manual on the side of the thing

maybe they added a zero....

Nope nope nope

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Is that like Springfield’s pistol with the “Grip Zone”?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9141 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
The 92XI looks so much better to me.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0601935/m/1400015794

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8838 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta. 400 years of ignoring what the customer actually wants.

(this as an actual Beretta fan)

Posts: 7331 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, now gentlemen. Not so rough please. After all when one nearly a half a millennium old, a little senility is to be expected.

I dunno. Maybe Beretta was figuring when the well-heeled were in their 'hood to pick up the new Lamborarri, they'd also stop by and order a pair for the trophy room. :big shrug:

-MG

Posts: 1924 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Beretta. 400 years of ignoring what the customer actually wants.

(this as an actual Beretta fan)

All I want is a no rail 92g centurion with dovetailed front sights.

Is that too much?

Posts: 532 | Registered: July 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post