SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Beretta Leaked Something Early - 92XI SAO (Update With Description)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beretta Leaked Something Early - 92XI SAO (Update With Description) Login/Join 
I swear I had
something for this
posted
A link poped up on Beretta Forum and is now gone on the main Beretta site, but pictures still remain:

Still an alloy frame and poss under $1K. Pretty soon, I'm not going to have a need for a striker fired gun at the rate we're getting SAO options.

Edit: Someone on arfcom copy and pasted bits off of the Beretta site before it came down"

quote:
92XI SAO
Introducing the new frontier for the 90 Series – the 92XI.

The 92XI brings the long-awaited frame mounted safety to the standard 92 family of products, as well as a single action only variant and various ergonomic enhancements.

The frame mounted safety offers an ambidextrous solution, bringing the safety lever more in reach with natural ergonomics.

Tradition Meets Innovation

The 92XI features the Xtreme-S single action only and flat faced trigger, performance DLC coated trigger components and a lightweight skeletonized hammer, allowing for a crisp trigger pull with the option to go cocked and locked.

The 92XI carries forward the Vertec style frame, both high and low-capacity magazine options, a fiber optic front sight for faster sight acquisition, and the option for MRDS optics mounting making this a high performing, reliable choice for personal defense and competition.

Available in a new line of colorways with standard and limited edition variants, the long-awaited 92XI brings classic design with modern innovation.

X-treme S Trigger - Single Action Only

Flat trigger profile for more consistent engagement with DLC coated components for a smoother action.

Fiber Optic Front Sight With MRDS Mounting

Fiber optic front sight offers a superior sight acquisition with MRDS mounting capability to give that extra edge in competition or defensive situations.

Checkered Frame With Enhanced Grip Panel Texturing

Aggressive texturing to help maintain consistent grip for recoil management and shot placement.

Ambidextrous Frame Mounted Safety

Traditional design optimized for competition to quickly engage and disengage the safety for speed and manipulation.

Premium H-Series Cerakote® Finish

Highly durable, corrosion and chemical resistant ceramic technology coating.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DanH,

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Dammit.. my collection was good...

Then the re-release of the BHP by SA and Girsan, then Gen 5 G21, now this.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Frame-mounted safety! Cool I wonder if it only locks, or does it de-cock as well.

Posts: 2661 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Does the 92X Performance decock?
I think both are SAO, no decock.

??

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, if this falls into the same price range as the other recently released alloy frame berettas, I'll probably have to own at least one. Gonna need a set of the wrap around g10 grips though. Vertec ain't for me.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
If you can get that in a type G and/or a 96 model, I'd be very interested in one.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Just about the only handgun that currently interests me to add to my collection is an LTT Beretta.

But this...I love me SAO guns now, so this would hit just right.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Trigger reach appears long for a SAO pistol.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Trigger reach appears long for a SAO pistol.
That's what I was thinking.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Does the 92X Performance decock?
I think both are SAO, no decock.

??

No decock for the Performance but its action is technically DA/SA, not SAO. However it's a gun that won't ever be shot in DA without manually dropping the hammer ("oops, I slipped...my bad"), not exactly the safest way to "decock" the gun.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Usually those guns come with rubber wraparound grips that simulate a standard 92 frame. Me? I am a Vertec convert.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
92XI SAO

Guessing it was leaked to get some attention before Shot, probably see it released there, since a googleization of the model comes up with eleventy seven hits from gun forums and blogs, reddit etc talking about seeing it and it's gone...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Not a bad looking pistol, but more “leaked” releases.

Come on Beretta and the entire gun world.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I wish they would do an updated 92 Combat.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Everyone's getting into the Red dot act with the cutouts.
Hell, even I have one on the way (Trijicon SRO) and no gun yet to put in on. Eek
Not going to chop up any existing firearms especially my 92FS - my first handgun and love it to death.
Not that crazy about the 92XI SAO. Frown

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Please, baby Jesus in your little golden diaper, make this in a 92G Elite LTT Centurion. A non ambi frame mounted decocker version I beg of thee. In your name I pray.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha ha. The Beretta gods aren’t that giving. Lol They recycle old ideas and barely tweak new ones. Ain’t no way they are doing a frame mounted decocker. But I will back up your prayer just in case.

I put a red dot on my 92X RDO Centurion. It is way too high for my taste. Looked goofy, seemed high.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I don't see Beretta offering a frame-mounted decocker either. I definitely understand the preference for the frame-mounted safety on an SAO model, but on the DA/SA guns having to adjust my grip to decock isn't such a huge deal to me, as you're not decocking until you're done engaging anyway. That said, the Sig P-Series decocker design is definitely more natural.

I'm still waiting for somebody to come out with a low-profile optic for the Beretta RDO platform...something like what Holosun did with the SCS for Glock MOS, but specifically designed for the Beretta RDO. If they could wrap the base around the top of the slide, cram the electronics in that area, and keep the upper portion low-profile enough (probably with some kind of cutout for the firing pin block, or completely forward of it, and would likely need to leave some clearance for the extractor) to use the factory sights, that would be ideal. The factory mounting plates (which they never did ship me even though I filled out the form after I bought the gun) are way too big.

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
The best you'll end up with is a Holoson 407K and a taller front sight to co witness.

Posts: 4166 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sea Bass
posted Hide Post
I’ll be getting one of these.

SB

"Shohna ba Shohna - Shoulder to Shoulder"

Posts: 1645 | Location: Knox/Etown KY | Registered: June 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post