SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Is the Beretta 92 the sexiest pistol?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the Beretta 92 the sexiest pistol? Login/Join 
Support Scottish
Rite Children
Hospital
Picture of francesux
posted Hide Post
The Klein nickel plating of SIGs, to my mind, took them from being plow horses to quarter horses. A P220 American, with that beautiful Klein nickeling and some Nills would make SIG beautiful.

But a Berta 92 has that beat (except with the ones with the sloped dust cover, gross).

I dunno. It's hard to rank guns on aesthetics alone knowing that there are some pretty guns that arent great shooters. Lugers. Beautiful. Craftsmanship is gonzo. Buuuuut they are for show. Same for the Mauser C96.

In no particular order

Berta 92
Colt 1911, blued, government
Pachmayr Combat Special Colt 1911
Browning Hi Power, either blued or hard chromed
S&W Model 64 3"inch HB
S&W Model 14-2/-3 "Hanen Special"

Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else.
The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.
-Jean Rasczak

Posts: 5389 | Location: Where JFK got whacked. | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, the prodigal son. Hello, francesux. It's most excellent to see you.

Y'know, a long time ago, you requested a name change and I turned it down. At that time, we had a policy where would change no screen names for any reason, but that has changed. If you would like, you may have a new screen name of your choice.

Either way, welcome back. I was far less than kind to you on a particular matter and it was absolutely uncalled for, and I regret it.

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Support Scottish
Rite Children
Hospital
Picture of francesux
posted Hide Post
Uh, thanks.

I wouldnt say I have been gone. I just couldnt remember my log in info. I have also moved into a different line of work which keeps me busy.

I just found my notebook with my old passwords, and there is some down time before another uptick in work.

I'm cool with keeping francesux. I shall own it.

I dont recall anything specifically untoward. Time goes marching on.

The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.
-Jean Rasczak

Posts: 5389 | Location: Where JFK got whacked. | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve followed this thread for a while now and have to say there is no sexiest pistol (singular) as there are only sexiest pistols (plural). This really reminds me of my early teens when I had posters of Christy Brinkley, Kathy Ireland, Paulina Porizkova, Cindy Crawford, etc on my wall. One day I was in love with one, the next day another. In the end, I was in love with them all!

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Yes.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7947 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by francesux:
I dont recall anything specifically untoward.
You don't? Massad Ayoob and me tag-teaming you? Big Grin

Support Scottish
Rite Children
Hospital
Picture of francesux
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by francesux:
I dont recall anything specifically untoward.

I honestly dont. I still dont agree with Massad Ayoob on certain issues, and in the time since... whenever that happened... I have had several discussions with him regarding several disagreements. He doesnt seem to speak in absolutes anymore, nor I.

-Jean Rasczak

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, man. It's just my imagination.

I've done the right thing and expressed my regret. You say you don't remember, so it's no longer on my plate.

Picture of Benderx4
posted Hide Post
For me, it's got to be the Steel I version of the 92 as the sexiest gun ever. First runner up: Walther PPK, followed by HK P7 and 4" Colt Python.

Posts: 490 | Location: NE FL, JAX | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
My submission...

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I'd say yes, but in this guise.

Posts: 8150 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those 3 Beretta shotguns aren't just pretty, they are works of art!

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one up because the Beretta 92 was all over the movies and television during the late 80’s and into the 90’s. I wouldn’t call it the sexiest, but do like its looks. Its lines give it a rugged and all business-like appearance while the Inox finish gives it style.

Posts: 94 | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beretta 92? Not hardly...How about:

Colt SAA w/4 & 5/8" Barrel, CC Frame
Luger P-08
S&W Model 27 Five-incher in Blue w/Target Stocks
BHP
S&W Model 39-2 in Nickel w/MOP Grips...

Posts: 645 | Location: Griffin, GA, USA | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

That was me.

Posts: 17161 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Life’s too short to have just one sexy gun...

Posts: 4032 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post