SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Scored a NIB P239
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scored a NIB P239 Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
^^ Thank you for all that, very cool! The 239 I’ve got coming is a SAS, DA/SA, Nitron gun. I’d like to get my hands on some of those 8rd mags!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great pistol, in a great caliber.

My Gen 1 9mm P239 SAS is one of the few I regret selling, out of MANY I've sold.
Carried it for 2 years..
I mudded the shit out of it (with CCR's help) and sold to buy more Glocks.
Still own the Glocks though, but that is another thread... Big Grin

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Excellent score. Priced a bit high. But as you say, no longer being made. I love my P239. They are great shooting pistols.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
I’d like to get my hands on some of those 8rd mags!

I wish I had bought more when TGS had them a few yrs ago.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SIG SAUER® P239 9MM THREADED 4.3" CIP BARREL

$99.99

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...-4-3-cip-barrel.html

Posts: 362 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
SIG SAUER® P239 9MM THREADED 4.3" CIP BARREL

$99.99

https://www.cdnnsports.com/sig...-4-3-cip-barrel.html

Big Grin

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sure you will tire of it right away. Let me know when it reahes the "classifieds" section.

An absolutely fantasic pistol. Too bad Sig is into all the plastic crap.

Posts: 1248 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^ Thank you for all that, very cool! The 239 I’ve got coming is a SAS, DA/SA, Nitron gun. I’d like to get my hands on some of those 8rd mags!

I bought some through the site below a while back. IIRC they were under $40 then though. They show to have mags for all three calibers in stock.

https://www.joeboboutfitters.c...p?Search=P239&ID=301

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m excited for this one… I paid a premium for it, well average I suppose for what it is. Anyway. My new precious will be here Tuesday. It’s a brand new, P239 SAS in .357Sig… box, mags, the whole shebang. I’m giddy so I thought I’d share. Smile

Congrats.
I would love to own one.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Congrats! The P239 is one of my favorite pistols and an everyday carry gun. You will love it!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HarrysAllOut
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I love my P239. I was lucky enough to score one back in the day from Dan's Ammo.

Posts: 283 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: May 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
All the plastics fanatics say the 239 is old, obsolete, heavy and out dated. I have 2, both in 9mm, worked flawlessly for 20 + years. Wouldn't trade them for anything.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
All the plastics fanatics say the 239 is old, obsolete, heavy and out dated. I have 2, both in 9mm, worked flawlessly for 20 + years. Wouldn't trade them for anything.

I get that, I fall into both camps. My first piece was a G19 back in 1990. Shortly followed by a P229. I can appreciate most all firearms. Never really warmed up to revolvers though. In my opinion, a good shooter can shoot accurately regardless of the gun characteristics….for the most part.

Picture of dkjbama
posted Hide Post
My TT P239 SAS Gen 2 in 9mm was the first Sig I bought. 2009 or so I think. Love that pistol. Unfortunately for me, my wife loved it more.

Posts: 775 | Location: NW Alabama | Registered: January 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Well she arrived today, new in the box. Here it is in all its splendor:

Thanks for all the comments, etc.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by azmercedes:
P239 is THE most underestimated P series ever, IMO. But, for those who have one it is not underloved. Congrats

P239 superb piece of firearms design and production. I too just bagged a superb deal on a P239 in 357 sig. P239 and 357 sig, a match made in heaven.

Posts: 6 | Registered: August 27, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1900 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Real nice ! I bought the p239 .40 I found thanks to you guys turning me on to mag availability at MWG. I ordered 5 mags. I put 200 rounds thru it Sunday. Very easy shooting accurate .40. It was just plain fun. Not sure I will carry it much as my G27 is just so much smaller and lighter but I will still get some good quality leather in case I want to carry it once in a while.
Now the hunt for a .357 barrel.
I think its safe to say that due to this thread I have rediscovered the P239

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the 40 over the 357 Sig. I like the heavier projectile for animal deterrent and I like the lower more throaty sound of the 40.

I have all three of the barrels for my 239.

But it wears the 40. Sweet firearm.

Posts: 58 | Registered: October 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post