Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ PO1's Login/Join 
posted
Gents,

I know this is the SIG Forum, but I have to give notice of one of the finest CHL handguns to come down the pike in years...the CZ PO1.

You owe it to yourself to give one a try...they are stellar self defense handguns.

My PO1 is the standard version with 15 round mags that has been upgraded with XS Tritium sites, a steel guide rod, and VZ grips. It makes a very carry friendly handgun. I recommend it highly, if you can find one...

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
It's a fine pistol, if you want rail. Otherwise, get the PCR.

It's P-01, btw. Smile

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pistol. I had the P0-1 and a PCR and brought them to the range one day for a kind of shoot off to see which one I would keep. They were both always 100% reliable and both literally match grade accurate. I actually think their DA pull on that first shot is the best out there if you want DA\SA on your carry gun.
The PCR kind of won out only because I felt the lack of the rail made it a little better\smaller for carry. But I think it was more psychological because their actual dimensions are the same if I am not mistaken. For the house the P-01 is the way to go I think with a light on the rail.
Their only weakness in my opinion is their out of the box sights. Serviceable but not great. Although I think you can get them with night sights which are a big upgrade from the standard.
Overall they are great pistols

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got the Omega version. Put in a CGW 'duty' spring kit. Phenomenal pistol.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
these are laserbeams in my hand in a way nothing else I own is no matter the cost.

I keep a P-01 Suppressor Ready as my nightstand go-to and this OD green one is a new addition (my second, regretted selling my first green one):

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Agree. They are great.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7946 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got a P01 Omega. It's a fun gun to shoot. Very well made.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Nice pistol! My son has a PCR, and it's a great shooting little gun, and will one day make a good carry gun for him. He's very accurate with it.

We're constantly arguing about which is better...his CZ or my Beretta 92X Compact. I favor the Beretta...he's die-hard for the CZ. There's a lot of smack talk both ways, but they're both awesome guns.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a P-01 not long after they came on the market. I wish I still had it. The positioning and shape of the decocking lever is my favorite among the da/sa pistols that have them.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt, one of the best all around CCW pistols. Add Cajun Gun Works or CZ Custom into the mix and the P-01 surges to the top of the hammer fired list.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran across a well-used PCR. Whipped out my credit card instantly. No regrets.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:

We're constantly arguing about which is better...his CZ or my Beretta 92X Compact. I favor the Beretta...he's die-hard for the CZ. There's a lot of smack talk both ways, but they're both awesome guns.

I own a few dozen 92's with varying degrees of custom work and I love them. I still shoot my bone-stock P-01 better...hard truths lol Big Grin

posted Hide Post
The CZ75 grip is hard to beat. Every time I pick up any CZ I wonder why more manufacturers don’t just start with this frame shape. I prefer their decocker over the Sig style as well.

The downside is I find their box stock triggers wanting. A lot. Good news is there are great options to fix that. I’m a Cajun Gun Works guy.

My PCR is my Kadet mule. I had to go slightly heavier mainspring for 22 but it’s still a great 9mm/22 combo.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I know what you mean about the factory sights...they are lacking, but OK. Replaced mine the XS Big Dot sights in the I Dot configuration...what a difference!

I have a Beretta 92X Compact, too and it's a toss up as to which is better. I like both, but shoot the CZ slightly better.

Wes

Posts: 2427 | Location: Salem, OR | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love all my 92’s. The 92X Compact and Centurion I own are outstanding. If I had to choose between them I would go Beretta solely because of how much easier they are to work on and get parts. Straight shooting wise, I might go CZ.

Posts: 7483 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
I have the PCR version with updated sights, guide rod, LOK g10 grips, and Cajun Gun Works Pro Package installed. It was a fantastic gun but the CGW parts turned it into a superb gun for CCW. I installed the CGW kit myself, a bit daunting, but I’ve done an armorers course before and have the tools necessary to make it a bit easier. I too, my time and really learned to ins and outs of this fine firearm.

[IMG:left] IMG_4348 by David King, on Flickr[/IMG]

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Aside from normal smith tools we all should have, anything you'd recommend specific to the CZ 75 platform? I have a 97 and a few 75 kits from CGW but have not dug into them yet to swap new stuff on.

Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Aside from normal smith tools we all should have, anything you'd recommend specific to the CZ 75 platform? I have a 97 and a few 75 kits from CGW but have not dug into them yet to swap new stuff on.

If I recall, the front sight roll pin punch was 2mm which I did not have. If you are working on the decocker variant slave pins are a necessity. Aside from that having variety picks helped with manipulating springs without bending them out of spec.

Posts: 2959 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On “classic” decocker non Omega guns it is the sear cage that is a conundrum. The first time gets your BP up. The next time it isn’t so bad. I wish I had the link but with the right video the sear cage is a 5 minute job. Without that it is a frustrating mess. That is why I prefer Beretta overall. There are some great assembly videos out there that is the good news.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I had to choose between them I would go Beretta solely because of how much easier they are to work on and get parts.

Holy crap, yes! I took the PCR apart so I could polish up the action (because I'm too cheap to send it to Cajun and figured that if I could clean up the gritty sandbox feel myself it would be good enough) and getting that thing back together was a real fun exercise, especially the sear box. There were also some parts that I couldn't get out without risking damaging them or having replacements on hand. Berettas and Classic Sigs are WAY easier.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post